The purpose of this position is to manage the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) function within the project and lead the site OSH department to create and sustain a safe work environment and to avoid and minimize human injury, unsafe working conditions/practices and environmental damages.
- Lead the implementation of OSH programs, regulations and processes, including recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between construction progress and safety in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support the Site/Commissioning Manager in all OSH matters.
- Lead and the site OSH department and guide/instruct assigned subordinates; duties may include preparation of OSH documents, emergency plans and procedures; Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA); active monitoring of the construction and commissioning activities in the field; subcontractor audits; implementation and enforcement of site OSH instructions such as permit to work system, incident reporting and investigation, lock out / tag out; efficient and comprehensive training programs
- Run gap analyses to identify and address OSH management gaps that may occur between company rules, client requirements, and local statutory requirements in order to ensure conformity with all applicable rules.
- Provide leadership to initiate and maintain OSH standards and goals to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment.
- Make decisions on engineering/construction problems and methods relating to OSH using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of precepts and practices of the particular field and disciplines. In the case severe OSH violations or non-compliances, the Senior Site OSH Manager is authorized to stop works and processes within the project execution.
- Prepare incident investigation reports as well as monthly and weekly reports including records, statistics, incident information, information on non-conformances.
- Report to the Project OSH Manager.
- Capable of managing a site OSH department on 1.0 billion EUR project.
- Excellent leadership and mediation skills are mandatory.
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to
management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a company representative to external organizations.
- Ability to work in an international environment with different nationalities and cultures.
- Job-related technical knowledge is necessary to complete the job.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, statutes and guidelines.
- Engineering background and accredited four (4) year degree or equivalent qualification in applicable field of study.
- Holding a NEBOSH, Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit or other equivalent and recognized qualification in OSH.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position and minimum OSH working experience of ten (10) years in international chemical plant projects including
- Excellent English skills (written/verbal), additional language especially Hungarian, German, Romanian preferred.
- Advanced computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the advanced use of spreadsheets, electronic presentations, reports and
- Advanced audit knowledge and skills.
- Effective presentation skills including public speaking
- Valid driver’s license
This role gives the new colleague:
- Outstanding career development opportunity within a multinational environment
- Insights of a new investment
- Knowledge of unique technologies
- Competitive salary
Mérnök / Műszaki
Mezőgazdaság / Környezettudomány / Környezetvédelem > Környezetmérnök