Candidates must hold GMC registration or be eligible to register
The salary scale for Speciality Doctors is currently £37,176 up to £69,325 per annum, for the standard 40 hours per week (10 Sessions) plus London weighting.
Additionally, optional increments may be applied for and awarded in accordance with the Trust's Policy.
The Department of Anaesthesia provides anaesthetic ITU, HDU and pain services for the local population. This takes the form of operating sessions, intensive care ward rounds, pain ward rounds, day care sessions for pain and outpatient clinics for pain and pre-assessment. There are a total of 27 theatres between the 2 sites, including day surgery and maternity theatres.
Main duties of the post:
- Contribute to the provision of a high quality, responsive critical care service that assumes responsibility for the patients within the catchment area in co-operation with colleagues in anaesthetics and other clinical departments. This will involve caring for patients on the ITUs and HDUs, reviewing patients and initiating critical care treatment in Accident & Emergency, theatre recovery and ward areas, and undertaking transfer of patients (both intra- and inter-hospital).
- Comply with the agreed job plan, which will be reviewed annually.
- Participate in an emergency out of hours resident on-call cover for critical care medicine.
- Contribute to postgraduate and continuing education for medical, nursing, technical staff, GP's and other allied professions.
- Deputise in the absence of departmental colleagues in cases of annual leave and (where practicable) short-term sickness.
- Contribute (in co-operation with the Audit Committee) on a regular basis to the clinical audit process undertaken within the Trust, and where appropriate at a broader regional level.
- Encourage and participate in appropriate research initiatives approved by the local Ethical Committee. Experience in research and audit is advantageousl
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current anaesthetic and Critical Care Medical Practice.
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the care of patients. Attend departmental meetings.
- Support the Clinical Director, Clinical Lead, Associate Director and other professional colleagues in the management of the department in order to ensure the maintenance of high standards, a good quality of patient care and the development of the service within the Clinical Governance framework.
Our client is one of the largest Acute Trusts in the country and the biggest provider of acute healthcare services in NHS North East London and the City (NELC), serving a local population of over 750,000 from a wide range of social and ethnic groups. The Trust operates two Emergency departments alongside other acute services covering all the major specialties of large district general hospitals as well as a joint Cancer Centre with Barts Health NHS Trust, a regional Neurosciences Centre and a dedicated breast screening service. General healthcare and Cancer services are also provided to South West Essex, with specialist Neurosciences services being provided to the whole of Essex, a population base of some 2.1 million.
The Trust provides a wide range of outpatient services at both its main hospital sites and satellite locations. The Trust brings together a workforce of more than 5,500 people across a whole range of disciplines.
Szerb mobilszám: +381-60-0670251
Kérjük, hogy hétfőtől péntekig 9 és 17 óra között telefonáljanak a megadott telefonszámokon.