Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Building the next generation (5G) mobile networks requires new concepts and software solutions. In this overall context, you will work as a software engineer and developer in the field of software defined networks, cloud and orchestration systems for 5G and will contribute to proof of concept implementations and prototypes. In more detail, you will:
Contribute to the analysis of use cases and requirements
Contribute to the software design of major parts of the prototypes
- Implement software components as well as test and integrate those components
- Select, evaluate and apply advanced software methods, technologies, and frameworks
- Possibly contribute to open source projects
Working in this position will allow to gain domain know how on various aspects of 5G networks. As researcher, you are encouraged to develop and introduce new ideas from a software technology point of view. Especially the combination of domain and software engineering know how might open up the opportunity to contribute to invention reports, conference papers, or standards specifications.
We are waiting for your application if
- Degree: MSC or equivalent degree in computer science
Years of experience: 2-5 years
- Proven track and expertise in JAVA programming language
- Detailed understanding of software engineering best practices
- Detailed understanding of cloud and virtualization technologies
- Very good English in writing and speech
The following points are not mandatory, but an additional asset:
- Expertise with Software Defined Networking
- Knowledge of 4G network architectures or Operation Support System (OSS) functions
- Understanding of ETSI NFV architectures and components
- Knowledge/hands-on experience on Web-based GUI development, REST API-s
- Understanding of DevOps
- Proven track and expertise in programming languages such as Scala, C++, Python
- Involvement in open source software projects
What we offer?
- Opportunity to develop and introduce new ideas from a software technology point of view
- Possibility to gain domain know how on various aspects of 5G networks
- Opportunity to contribute to invention reports, conference papers, or standards specifications
- International career opportunities
- Our office is located in the city center of Budapest, in the neighborhood of Ráday Street
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- Company mobile phone with internet access
- Local medical service, company insurance
If You are interested send your CV to the email address below.