Core Network Designer/ Planner - Bristol
Senior Designer - Network Strategy & Core
Bristol or Hatfield
competitive + benefits
We're EE, one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work for. Right now, we're not only doubling the speed of our superfast 4G network, we're introducing a whole host of exciting new services- making the wonder of mobile limitless. And the career opportunities too.
As the Core Network Designer / Planner behind the design and planning of our Core Network signalling environments, control functions and IN and location services, you'll play a big part in keeping us amazing for customers all over Britain. It's about fixing one eye on the evolving market and the other on potential vendors, as well as coming up with brand new ways of meeting business goals in the face of non-stop change.
What you'll do:
* Review and refine business requirements and create technical solutions to fit
* Make sure our roll-out plans reflect design changes (and vice versa)
* Work with teams all over EE as well as third-parties to make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to developing and delivering your solutions
* Put together extra-detailed design and planning documents
* Be our go-to technical authority for all things Core Network design
* Get involved in procurement and be aware of our big-picture finance.
* Bring us an impressive background as a lead designer in telecoms and be a real expert in platforms like HLR, HSS and/or interfaces like MAP, IN, SIGTRAN, SIP, Diameter and LDAP
* Have proven your ability to manage the delivery of on time, on budget, to spec solutions
* Be confident designing for high-throughput systems and networks
* Show solid experience of supplier management, product and feature selection and delivery
* Know where our industry is going and be aware of relevant telecoms best practice
* Be familiar with core networks of large Mobile Phone operators.
You might even:
* Know all about Tekelec Eagle 5 and DSR, as well as NSN or Ericsson HLRs
* Have project management and budget setting experience
* Be up to speed on best practice for linking input business needs to output tech solutions
* Know a thing or two about front-line functional management
* Be passionate about sharing your tech knowledge.
What's in it for you:
* Competitive salary
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Life Assurance
* 25 days' holiday
* Discounted mobile phone package
* Discounted products and services, as well as a range of other benefits.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.