10 Two-year industry focussed MSc International Innovation (Environmen - Lancashire, Lancaster, LA1 4YW
Launch your career and realise your potential working in the world's fastest growing economy, China
• Have you thought about doing a Masters but thought that was just for people wanting to be academics?
• Do you want to develop your skills and experience to undertake a rewarding and well-paid career?
• Do you want to be part of a graduate team underpinning the development of radically new products and services?
• Are you up for the challenge of working in China for 6 months?
• Do you have what it takes to be a postgraduate at a world-class university?
If the answer is yes apply now for Lancaster University's new MSc in International Innovation (Environmental Science) ( bit.ly/1l7VZVn ), which offers a ground-breaking curriculum combining academic studies with company projects ( bit.ly/1qJizFk ) and cultural experiences.
Undertaking demanding research or consultancy projects for external businesses in both the UK and China is a major focus of this unique Masters programme. Working either individually or as part of a cross-disciplinary team, you will take in several research projects to develop new products and processes, involving businesses in both the UK and China.
In your first year, you will work on a project for a specially selected leading UK business.
UK Project examples include:
• Agri Environment research ( bit.ly/1vmXxwp )
• Developing A Novel Agricultural Product ( bit.ly/1mcXzHL )
• Developing Dairy Products For China ( bit.ly/1luMBr2 )
• Oil and Gas Exploration and Extraction
• Mass Spectrometer Design ( bit.ly/1luMBr2 )
• Market Research In Arsenic Monitoring ( bit.ly/1vr4aOr )
• Research In Medical Devices Manufacturing & Biopolymer Science ( bit.ly/1nWbAVy )
• New Energy Storage Systems ( bit.ly/1pDRAy3 )
• Carbon Fibre City Car ( bit.ly/1m1RtIp )
• Developing and deploying environmental sensors ( bit.ly/1myKa72 )
You can browse a list of UK Company projects on our website ( bit.ly/1qJizFk ).
In your second year, you spend at least six months during the Lent and Summer terms in China, working with a business in Guangdong Province.
As a graduate researcher you will:
• Receive a tax-free bursary £16,000 to help with your living costs (tuition fees still apply)
• Gain in-depth studies in environmental science, together with foundation-level studies in entrepreneurship, design and technology
• Intensive Chinese language and cultural studies
• Undertake two substantial collaborative projects for businesses working in teams with students from the other five pathways, one project with a UK business in the first year, and one based in China in the second year
• Participate in business and cultural seminars to prepare you for working abroad and with business
• Become one of team of graduates at the heart of a radical new programme for UK/China business-led R&D
• Develop new products, processes and services for international markets
• Finish in a strong position to enter a competitive job market in the UK and China
Launch your career in international private sector research and development and work in the world's fastest growing economy, China.
Apply now on ://
Lancaster China Catalyst Programme
The design of this MSc (which has five pathways - engineering, computer science, environmental science, entrepreneurship and design) and access to a £16,000 tax free bursary to support living costs over the 24 months, are possible due to the £5.1 million Lancaster-China Catalyst Programme ( goo.gl/RMe2Rd ) which supports business collaboration and development in the UK and China. The programme is part-funded by the Higher Education Funding Council's Catalyst Fund, Lancaster University and Lancashire County Council.