Junior Analyst/Data Scientist - London
Job Type: Permanent, Full time. 36-40hr/week
We are looking for junior data scientist with an excellent mathematical brain to join our nascent data science group. You will be joining a small team responsible for researching and protoyping applications of computational statistics and data mining to econometrics problems in the rental market. Succesful analysis projects are also refactored in to production systems so an interest in the whole application life cycle is a must.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree focussing on data mining or machine learning or a first degree in Mathematics or Statistics with a track record in computer programming. We will also consider any equivalent prior experience. We are looking for someone with a research mindset and great communication skills who will be able to translate problems from across the business in to creative solutions.
Skills & Requirements:
* Masters Degree in computer science with a strong focus on machine learning or data mining,
or a first degree in statistics or mathematics with some programming experience
(or equivalent prior experience)
* Solid programming and prototyping skills in a least 1 language and a desire to learn new technologies.
* Strong interest in or prior experience with data visualisation
* Articulate with great communication skills
* Prior experience with R, matlab or equivalent
* Experience with MVC web development frameworks (Rails, Django, Catalyst, Tomcat etc)
* Prior exposure to scaled or distributed data analysis (HADOOP, grid engine etc...)
* Prior exposure to ggplot or d3.js
* A professional or academic publication record in machine learning
* GIS experience (i.e QGIS)Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />