Data Warehouse Specialist - Lancashire, Manchester, M21 0
This position sits within the environments team of the ADM EDS Group Data Warehouse Platform.
Main Purpose of the role:-
To work within the GDW Environments Team , responsible for the technical support of new and existing software systems required for the business.
To work with GDW's analysis team and user community, supporting and assisting in the development of software solutions.
To conduct complex fault resolution in the associated infrastructure and database technology to aid in the resolution of problems and issues associated with GDW environments.
To ensure support, change control, risk management standards and procedures are followed while ensuring timescales for fault resolution met.
To maintain quality assurance and testing of fixes and developments within own peer group.
To help devise technical solutions along with the Architecture and Service departments.
To provide technical authority and governance over the GDW technical environments.
Skills - Essential
* Experience of supporting complex software environments
* Familiar with Windows server technologies, Unix/Linux server technologies, network and web terminologies.
* Basic network knowledge
* Understand basic systems management
* Communication skills, ability to communicate at the highest level.
* Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical staff
Skills - Desirable
* Any database knowledge
* Business Objects
* Clustering & Shell scripting