Biodiversity Principal Consultant - Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, CB1 0
TBC wishes to recruit a Principal Consultant to work full or part time on a number of different projects and programmes within our Cambridge team. The post is initially offered as a one year contract. An ability to think creatively and put oneself in the shoes of our clients will be essential. The capacity to understand our clients' viewpoint coupled with core ecological principles and biodiversity knowledge common to conservation planners / ecologists / protected area specialists is the making of a TBC consultant. The chosen applicant will have outstanding writing skills, being able to digest, dissect and summarise large amounts of information into readable, technically sound précis. We need good communicators who can write clear concise reports and papers. Importantly, the chosen candidate will be a clear conceptual thinker with the capacity to reduce complex problems into scientifically and politically defensible solutions. The candidate should be well established within the conservation field with his or her own networks on which to draw. A candidate bringing a specialist field such as botany or marine science would also be preferable. Alternatively, a species specialist, HCV specialist, conservation planner, or protected areas and livelihoods expert, all with non-OECD focus would be appropriate. If you grew up a naturalist, have worked in international conservation, and wish to make a real change to the way the world works then the post may be for you. The right candidate will be driven by self-motivation and a desire to deliver creative and rigorous solutions. You should be able to make leadership decisions where necessary within pressing situations, and also be able to work comfortably within multi-cultural teams in different environments and countries.
Title: Biodiversity Principal Consultant
Duration: initially offered as a one-year contract
Location: Cambridge, UK with potentially significant international travel
Part-time/full-time: Full-time (near full-time also considered)
Salary range: £42,000 to £52,000 PA (Full time)
• Implementing corporate biodiversity programmes, including issues such as design and field testing of baseline survey methods, biodiversity metrics, impact assessment protocols, mitigation programmes and biodiversity offsets.
• Field-based support for offset implementation.
• Application of financial lending criteria e.g. PS6 to development projects
• Development of government biodiversity and offsets policies.
• Research and writing on biodiversity metrics and offsets, for publication.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
• At least seven years' experience in biodiversity conservation
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to work with the private sector, understand their needs, and operate strategically within client organisations which might hold vastly different core values
• Familiarity with international biodiversity, natural resource and livelihood issues, especially in the developing world
• An ability to provide intellectual leadership, creativity and simplicity to problem solving
• Sufficient GIS skills (map making and basic analysis) to communicate with our GIS team.
• Willingness and enthusiasm to travel globally and work in challenging environments
• Positivity and teamwork
• A good Honours or preferably Masters degree and a postgraduate qualification in relevant disciplines.
• Preferably a background as a species specialist / expert in biodiversity priority setting; a conservation planner; a protected areas specialist; HCV specialist; or in biodiversity policy.
• Experience in IUCN red listing
• Familiarity with scientific publishing
• Experience in human community - biodiversity issues such as livelihoods and NTFPs
• Experience building biodiversity capacity in OECD contexts
• Proven ability to be able to work in French
• PhD in environmental discipline
• Multinational mining or oil and gas experience
• More advanced knowledge of GIS.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />