UK City Programme Manager - London
Location: Central London
Responsible to: Executive Director, Integrated City Systems working closely with the Business Development Team
Working Hours: Standard full time
Contract: Permanent contract
Holiday: 25 days per annum, plus statutory holidays.
Equal Opportunities: The FCC strives to be an equal opportunities employer
About the role
The essence of the role is to lead and manage the development of the Future Cities Catapult project engagement with UK cities, local authorities and LEPs, develop and deliver live pilot projects for Catapult and UK industry engagement and delivery, and help us define the longer term programme and resource requirements to grow the UK market for future cities solutions.. The team is growing rapidly and the postholder can expect the nature of the role to evolve and change as the team grows, and should be comfortable in a fast paced start up environment.
- -Identifying cities with the potential to develop and sponsor future cities projects within their territories but who currently lack the capacity, institutional knowledge, and project structuring knowhow to take them to market effectively
- -Develop relationships with key city administrations and where relevant LEPs and regional authorities to build trust and agreement to work with the Catapult in developing their project pipeline
- -Assist the city administrations in scoping projects to the point where the business case is sufficient to allow for broader expert engagement in developing the business model and project legal and financial structure
- -Engage relevant experts within and outside the Catapult to assist in identifying the business model, project financial and legal structure, financing and procurement options, and broader route to market
- -Work with Catapult networks to soft market test city project propositions to gauge appetite for investment, industry engagement, and potential for broader societal, economic, and environmental returns
- -Develop pilots where needed to formally test technology, behaviour, social and/or financial returns on investment
- -Work with the Catapult lab to identify available data, potential for additional data, analysis potential, and role in project support/delivery
- -Work with Catapult futures team to develop solutions fit for the future
- -Identify the scope of the Catapult's UK city project engagement programme, including identifying target cities in years 1, 2 and 3, resource, and delivery requirements
- -Assist the Executive Director - Integrated City Systems and the Executive Director Business Development in developing the Catapult's UK city project engagement programme, including the recruitment of a permanent team to manage and deliver the programme on an ongoing basis.
- -Assist the Executive Director - Integrated City Systems in identifying funding options for the programme.
- -Act as the senior internal expert in the UK policy framework and developments in relation to UK city activity (including LEPs and City Regions)
- -Recruit and manage both interim and permanent staff to support the programme as required.
About you The role requires an individual with good knowledge of the UK cities policy environment, and how UK local authorities function including their roles and responsibilities vis-à-vis national government. You should have exceptional relationship building and management skills, and an ability to translate abstract concepts into defined projects with deliverable outcomes. Applicants should have consulted to or operated at a senior level in cities.
- -Graduate with at least 7 years plus work experience within city authorities or consulting to cities
- -Experience of being a client or consultant to public sector organisations, in particular local and/or regional authorities
- -Experience developing and managing relationships with senior individuals within local authorities and other key city stakeholders
- -Excellent knowledge of the operating environment for local authorities
- -Strong project management skills and experience
- -Ability and experience in developing and managing excellent relationships with clients
- -Understanding of the political environment for local authorities and of the division of responsibilities between Councillors and Officers
- -Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- -Understanding of the barriers facing the development of the future cities marketplace
- -Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- -Proactivity and ability to work under minimal supervision within a start up environment
Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />
To apply please send a CV and covering letter with your motivations and how you meet the key elements of the person specification (including your name in the subject line of your email)
Closing date: 24th of March 2014 (9am)
Interviews: w/c 31st March 2014