Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies.
Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia is a key supplier to help operators on their transformation journey to Telco Cloud business. This includes the delivery and operation of highly customized Cloud Data Center Solutions. Integration, Customization, Pre-staging, On-site Deployment and Operation of such Cloud Data Center Solutions will be executed in a “Delivery Centers”, which includes also a “Factory grade Pre-Staging Center” for assembling, SW/FW load and pre-testing. Nokia Delivery Center requires highly experienced professionals Technical Experts, responsible for applying technical knowledge in translating client business requirements into the delivery of a customer solution and respective services in dedicated domain of competence. Will have an advanced understanding of Operator business drivers and technology. Able to apply advanced methodologies for the Integration, Customization, Pre-staging, On-site Deployment and Operation of solutions.
Main Responsibility Area:
Responsible for the delivery of Cloud Data Center Solutions and respective services to our customers along the Integration-, Deployment-, Maintenance- and Operation phases and with best in class quality. Works with senior technology leads, Solution Consultants, Solution Architects internally and with partners to meet customer requirements. Provides and executes enabling plans for new team members. Constantly improves delivery processes, owned by the Delivery Center. Execute the delivery within the Delivery Center, but also on-site at customer premises. Measured by high project utilization as well as on the Customer Loyalty and Project Satisfaction.
The Technical Expert provides the delivery of Cloud Data Center solutions, including the related maintenance and operational services (Assembling, Pre-Staging, Customization, Integration, Pre-Testing, On-Site Deployment, On-site Testing, On-site Acceptance, HW/SW Maintenance, Update/Upgrades, Field Service, Operation and Transfer, Security analysis and implementation, Training) . Being the technical expert for the Cloud Data Center solutions and services, she/he will contribute to the permanent improvement of the related delivery processes with target of highly automated and tool supported execution.
- Support delivery process automation
- Support enablement and training of new team members
- Delivers all services, which are contracted to deliver, maintain and operate Cloud Data Center to the customer and is responsible for all Service Support and Service Delivery actions taken to ensure they meet our customers’ business needs and IT requirements. Measured with overall Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure that proper testing occurs for all changes released into the production environments of the customer’s Cloud Data Center.
- Receives submits requests for changes (RFCs) and assembles / implements submission packages regarding the change being requested.
- Reviewing problem trends and proactively taking actions to identify problems and remove errors of the Cloud Data Center solution during deployment-, maintenance- and operation phase.
- Provides a single point of contact for one or more problems and is responsible for ownership and coordination of actions of those problems to analyze for root cause, identify known error and actions to remove the error.
- Receive Incidents. Investigate and coordinate resolution and recovery actions for assigned Incidents.
- Implement IT changes, upgrades, releases or installations.
- Analyze, implement and provide operational support for Security Management functions.
- Manage day-to-day infrastructure operations to provide delivery of systems and services in order to meet or exceed agreed services levels.
- Administer and maintain infrastructure devices such as servers, hosts and networking devices to ensure proper operation and availability.
- Performing all operational processes and procedures, ensuring that all services and infrastructure meet their operational targets.
- Management and control of all aspects of the scheduling, monitoring and control of operational workloads.
- Tracking and control of software licenses in the infrastructure.
- Coordinate training activities for customer’s operations staff.
- Identify needed physical site requirements and communicate these internally, to the customer and physical site suppliers.
- Maintain physical hardware for proper operation and coordinate installations, moves and repairs with 3rd party vendors where necessary.
- BS in engineering, computer science from a reputable institution
- 3+ years in the IT industry
- ITIL Expert Certification
- Detailed knowledge of Platform, Infrastructure, and Software as a Service (PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS), including the players and solutions that are available on the market
- Ability to design, implement and operate complex multi-application networks in a virtualized environment.
- Long experience in Systems Integration business
- Significant operational experience in either IT or Telco Operator environments
- Good knowledge in technical evaluation of concepts
- Troubleshooting on protocol/interface level
- Detailed knowledge of IT architectures, procedures and methods
- Deep understanding of Cloud Data Center related products and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of Telco/Enterprise Cloud architecture
- Create and build documentation and training concepts
- Excellent understanding of networking and ability to capture and analyze any erroneous scenarios
- Desire to learn new skills and new technologies
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of self-motivation and maturity
- Team Player
- Creative and problem solving mind-set
- Prioritization and project management techniques
- Customer support oriented
- Effective communication; internal and external
- Fluent English is essential
- Specific knowledge and experience on the underlying products and technologies:
- Deep understanding of Cloud stacks and main features / use cases (OpenStack, VMware)
- Advanced Storage technologies (e.g. HP, EMC)
- Main SDN use cases ( Data center SDN, WAN SDN, Service chaining)
- Juniper Contrail, Brocade SDN controllers, open Daylight, ALU Nuage would be bonus!
- Virtual networking concepts
- Data center redundancy, backup and restore, disaster recovery, high availability
- Virtualization concepts and specifications acc. to ETSI NFV (MANO is desirable)
- Strong hands-on experience in Linux (RedHat, WindRiver) and automation (Linux-Shell-Scripting)
- Detailed knowledge on blade server architecture (e.g. HP, vBlock, Dell, EMC …)
- Cloud management platforms (e.g. vRealize, CloudForms)
- Strong hands-on experience in Orchestration and Automation (scaling, life cycle management …)
- Certifications preferred (e.g. VMware, Openstack, Juniper, Cisco, HP …)
- ITIL framework and how this can be applied for cloud transformation
- Test or code automation based on Dev-Ops
- Programming skills on Python/Perl as backend and UI based Java Script/Django
- Modeling languages such YANG/TOSCA & Heat
- Know how on Cloud/DC management tools such as (at least 1) Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Engine, Microsoft Azure, RedHat CloudForms, VMWare vRealize, CA, Netflix
- Hands on with SDDC, Cloud & virtual aspects either on
If You are interested send your CV to the email address below.