About the company
FarShore is a web, mobile and desktop development company. Started in 2006 with one part-time developer, FarShore has grown to over 100 full-time salaried professionals on three continents with clients in over a dozen countries. Those clients range from Fortune 500 companies to high-impact startups. Solving difficult problems and bringing innovative solutions to both technical and business challenges defines our track record. In 2011, FarShore initiated a software architecture group in Zagreb with a single hire. Already the team has grown to 12+ team members supporting software architecture and other critical front-line roles. We are committed to continuing to build our European operations as we seeking to enable growth for our client partners through cost-efficiency, innovation, and knowledge depth.
If you are ready to take the next step in your technical career, this position is for you. We build software products so that our partners can build their companies. This position will be responsible for leading application architecture, solutions construction, and engagement management on behalf of clients. Our partners will regard you as a part of their team (e.g. CTO, technical product manager, co-creator), and will regularly look to you to provide creative ideas, technical insights, guidance, and implementation leadership as you work with your internal teams to develop custom software solutions for our partners. Your voice will be heard, and in many engagements you will have a seat at the table alongside the client's own management team. This work will involve a variable mix of custom development, native mobile development, and CMS-supported customization.
We are looking for a persistent self-starter who is motivated to support solid technical development and to provide an exceptional partner experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Positive collaborative attitude; thrives in a team environment
- Strong English communicator (both written and verbal); ability to clearly communicate ideas, decisions, and rationale to both technical and non-technical team members
- At least 3 years of software development or software architecture
- Ability to turn business and use-case requirements into technical roadmaps
- Ability to accurately estimate and scope development work
- Ability to prioritize multiple engagements and seek assistance when appropriate
- Experience with product roadmapping, product development, or wireframing considered a plus
- Looks forward to innovating with a client and then working with development and design team members to put the roadmap into action
- Direct experience in or general familiarity with FSP's core technologies (clearly not all are required, but the more knowledge of these areas, particularly Open Source development on the web and iOS, the better):
- Front-end: XHTML/CSS, jQuery
- Web: CakePHP, Zend, Yii, Node.js, RoR; MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Desktop: Flex
- Cloud: Rackspace, AWS, CDNs, Instance Management
- Social Media Integration Points: FB, Twitter, LI, etc.
- General professional interest in major technical themes. For example, geofencing,
retargeting, NFC, hardware/software interoperability
- Versioning software and processes using SVN or Git
Education: BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar preferred. (Please note: in most instances, disposition, communications ability, and experience will be weighted more heavily than educational history)