UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title of Position:
Category & Level:
Senior Learning Solutions Associate (ICT)
General Service, G-7
Global Learning Centre (GLC)
Global Service Centre, Budapest
as soon as possible
one-year renewable contract
17 June 2012
In the context of professionalizing and strengthening the UNHCR Staff Development function, the incumbent is responsible for supporting the Learning Solutions (Technology) Unit in all its learning activities, fundamental and core IT Skills (including the International Computer Driving License - ICDL Learning Programme), administration and finance-related activities of Global Learning Centre, especially the administration of learning programmes and/or activities. S/he is accountable to ensure the accuracy of data submitted into the Learning Management System and PeopleSoft.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the relationship and training needs of the Division of Information Communication and Technology (DIST). The incumbent may interact with external service providers – consultants, printing and production companies etc.
Under the direct supervision of his/her P-4 level supervisor who will provide overall direction and guidance in connection with his/her work, the incumbent handles budgets in his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the preparation of budget submissions. She/he will execute decisions taken by his/her supervisor regarding expenditure of funds and is tasked with establishing and maintaining efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UNHCR financial, administrative, and staff rules and regulations.
Additionally, the staff member contributes to the maintenance of learning materials, which involves supporting the work of other support staff and consultants, in order to maintain the quality and relevance of materials. The incumbent will also deliver IT-related training from time to time.
More specifically the post may sometimes require the incumbent to work both internally with individuals and groups of staff from other units at HQ's and sometimes in coordination with field offices concerning capacity building and awareness raising activities to ensure appropriate cross-linkages of all UNHCR learning programmes, especially with a view to operational and management needs of the Organisation.
He/She will have some contacts with colleagues in DIST, to discuss technical and administrative issues and seek support and approval for various training initiatives.
Under the guidance of his/her supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the preparation of consultancy documents, requests for proposals for goods and services of any ICT related learning activity or programme.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- UNHCR learning activities and workshops are organized and facilitated to meet operational needs and career goals;
- Resolution to learning platform incidents and problems within service levels is provided.
- Supports the analysis of ICT learning demands, based on an understanding and anticipation of present and future needs, challenges, trends and strategies;
- Supports the design and delivery of ICT learning programmes, activities and or events including distance learning, e-learning, coaching, and workshops. This includes support in the selection of participants, management with the LMS system, and workshop logistics;
- Contributes to the development of written materials, guides, job aides, etc. to be used for training/learning/staff development purposes;
- Assists in the preparation of the unit’s budgets, the monitoring of expenditure and processes the day-to-day transactions under the approved budget. Enters data into PeopleSoft, liaises with the GLC Administration Unit and other UNHCR sections to facilitate payments and prepares periodic unit expenditure reports and any other ad-hoc reporting needed; compiles statistics as required or directed;
- Ensures learning materials and programme information are uploaded into the Learning Management system;
- Provides support to the evaluation of learning activities as appropriate under the technical guidance of the Evaluation Expert in GLC;
- Provides extensive technical and administrative support for the rollout of the ICDL learning in the field;
- Liaises with Senior Admin/Finance Officer in GLC and assemble and dispatch information and training material required for the purpose of workshops and other learning activities in close coordination with DIST.
- Prepares ICT training consultancy contracts as required.
- Prepares ICT training consultancy contracts as required;
- Advises the Head of the Unit on technological aspects of learning initiatives including, but not limited to, those using the learning platform;
- Co-facilitates sessions of learning initiatives implemented by the Unit;
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Recommends learning activity content for the learning activities under his/her responsibility;
- Communicates on behalf of the Unit on administrative issues as well as learning activities under his/her responsibility;
- Recommends budget expenditures for the learning activities under his/her responsibility;
- Enters budget and expenditure data into PeopleSoft;
- Runs periodic expenditure reports;
- Upon technical sign-off of Senior Learning Solutions Officers, contracts consultants for development/delivery of learning activity(s).
- Education: Secondary Education with course work/training or its equivalent technical or commercial school in Information Technology, education or a related field. Post-secondary education in the above subjects would be considered and advantage.
- Experience: Minimum 11 years of experience in progressively responsible functions in the Information and Communication Technology field. Incumbent should have experience in IT and/or Telecoms that includes acquisition, maintenance (of IT equipment), care, training design, user training, training evaluations, and learning needs assessment. Experience in developing and delivering training, preferably in the area of IT/telecoms.
- Languages: Fluency in English with good working knowledge of the local or another UN language, preferably French.
- Good knowledge of ICT practices/standards processes and exposure to provision of ICT support services in an International organization, preferably UN/UNHCR;
- Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner under demanding working conditions that often have short deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Analytical and creative thinking ability to identify rapid solution(s);
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (ICDL Start and/or ICDL Full certification);
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Experience in design, development, delivery and evaluation of learning activities;
- Experience with distance learning and learning management system;
- Exposure to UNHCR specific learning/training activities;
- Facilitation skills;
- Experience with ICT training learning programmes.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your application and personal history form (P11), by email with “Application for the Senior Learning Solutions Associate (ICT) (10018125) position” in the subject line to: E-mail cím megjelenítése by 17 June 2012.
Information on salaries and allowances can be found at: Link megjelenítése
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.