UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Recruitment Associate (Outreach)
Position Number: 10012825
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Talent Outreach and Acquisition Section
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 30 June 2016
The Recruitment Associate (Outreach) will function under direct supervision of the Head of Recruitment Data and Reporting Unit (RDRU) assisting mainly in all activities related to Recruitment Outreach. This will include, providing support to the ongoing outreach process for specific vacancies and/or recruitment drives related to specific recruitment programmes such as the EHP, CBI, Profile Recruitment and ad-hoc recruitment. He/she may be called to contribute to other administrative matters within the work programme of the Unit, including support to the Recruitment Administration Pillar. The incumbent will have close working relationship with the Communication Officer in DHRM and the Digital Engagement Section of DER. S/he also maintains liaison with other staff-related services in UNHCR, such as the Global Learning Centre as and when required.
- Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS) has sufficient administrative support in outreach activities to take the lead in all external recruitment, including the management of special recruitment programs such as the Entry-level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) and the Capacity Building Initiative (CBI).
- Research for new media sources to conduct outreach activities for specific vacancies and/or recruitment drives.
- Provide sound comparison studies on outreach media sources to facilitate outreach strategy implementation.
- Develop databases of new media sources at the regional level that can reach out to potential candidates depending on the vacancies advertised and/or recruitment drives to conduct.
- Contact regional media and job boards (Regional and Worldwide) as well as social media platforms to assess their level of service, target groups, and fees.
- Draft news articles, story boards, and any other relevant outreach material.
- Draft and maintain the posting of content on social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).- Suggest new tools to enhance outreach activities.
- Participate in the design and production of marketing materials to promote UNHCR as an employer of choice.
- Participate in job fairs and recruitment missions.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Conduct comparative analysis of regional media, job boards, and social media platforms, as input to decide which channels to use during outreach activities for specific vacancies or functional profiles.
- Prepare short reports on outreach activities to adjust strategy.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Communications, Business Administration, External Relations Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant experience.
- Experience with outreach activities (either fundraising or recruitment)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension).
- Managing resources.
- Analytical thinking.
- Technological Awareness.
- Planning and organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language.
- External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Link megjelenítése (P11) and its Link megjelenítése (if applicable), motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Recruitment Associate (Outreach) (10012825) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 30 June 2016.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése