General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant
Do you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset?
Do you have experience in General Ledger Accounting?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you, take charge of your career and apply now!
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of our business, a new opportunity has arisen for accountants to join our team based in Amsterdam.
The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur and you will report to the Controller and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our offices in Amsterdam and worldwide.
As an Accountant you will join our Accounting Team in our office in Amsterdam. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. You will also participate in projects relating to improvement of our financial procedures and systems.
- Maintain general ledger for Booking.com BV (Head Office) and/or its 30+ subsidiaries;
- Closely involved in month end process including preparation of journal entries, Overhead accruals, Prepayment, Fixed Assets, payroll- and Intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation;
- Preparation of monthly closing binder;
- Balance sheet and profit and loss review of own accounting work;
- Proactive communication of potential issues to the Controller;
- Assist and co-ordinate statutory audits of Booking.com BV (Head Office) and its subsidiaries;
- Co-ensure all procedures and controls within the Finance department are, and remain, SOX compliant and meet Internal Audit requirements;
- Working closely with the Accounting Team to ensure team objectives are met;
- Initiative in process improvements, respond to accounting questions and participate in improvement projects.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar position and a minimum of 5 years total work experience;
- Education SPD or Bachelor level;
- Experience with SAP ERP (FI/CO) preferable;
- Strong accounting skills and solid financial background (bookkeeping / accounting);
- Excellent communication skills;
- No 9 to 5 mentality;
- Fluent in English;
- MS Office skills: good working knowledge of Excel;
- Accurate and analytical;
- Being able to work under stress and with deadlines;
- Being able to prioritize.
- Independent and flexible
We provide relocation packages for all the suitablecandidates.
Please follow this link to apply on this position: Link megjelenítése" target="_blank">click here!