Warehouse and Distribution Manager
is looking for a
Warehouse and Distribution Manager
( Ebes )
An exciting position of Warehouse and Distribution Manager has become available for the right candidate at the above Curver plant.
CURVER is a leading company in the design of plastic household products, a business activity that has strong growth potential.
Within 65 years, CURVER has become an international company specialising in the production and sale of plastic household products for home and leisure.
Placing innovation and design as a top priority, Curver ensures it remains one step ahead of the game, continuously working to create practical, decorative and user-friendly products that make life easier and more fun.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the plant. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound goods, as well as legislation compliance, Health and Safety and organisational policies and procedures. The Warehouse Manager will accomplish effective logistical overview through effective leadership and decision-making skills.
- Manage the receiving shipping, handling, distribution and storage of all goods, products and supplies that come in and out of the branch warehouse
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound goods to the appropriate parties
- Complete and file all warehouse administration on a daily basis
- Preparing daily receipts and stock orders for collection, collation and delivery
- Ensure that routes are planned in the most appropriate and efficient way using satellite technology as appropriate
- Assist in safely and legally loading and unloading the company vehicles
- Ensure the company’s transport policies are adhered to at all times
- Complete Perpetual Inventory in line with company policy
- Oversee all daily Warehouse housekeeping duties & 5S procedures
- Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are in place at all times
- Complete other daily duties and reasonable requests from a manager or colleague
- Maintain a safe and clutter free working environment
- Maintain accurate stock records
- Control costs to stay within company budgets
- Ability to use equipment provided by Curver to carry out your daily duties
- Support improving efficiencies
- Efficient route planning
- Ability to lead by example and motivate your team to excel in all aspects of their daily duties
- Ability to prioritise your workload to satisfy customer requirements
- Complete all required paperwork in line with company policy and guidelines
- Excellent warehousing knowledge
- Ability to effectively manage a team and provide training & guidance as per Company requirements
- Good PC skills
- Work as a key part of the team
- Have a keen eye for attention to detail
- Reliable, good attendance, timekeeping and flexibility
- Well presented at all times
- H&S compliant at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
- The post holder will be expected to reach a minimum basic standard of I.T. competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively
- The post holder will be expected to ensure to comply with the Company Dignity at Work Code of Practice in all employment practices
It is the nature of work of the Curver that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are, therefore, expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description and have to be undertaken.
To apply please send your CV in English to the following e-mail address.