- Gathers technical requirements and translates requirements into hardware and software capabilities (Technical).
- Communicates technical architecture direction and coordinates technical proof of concept analyses (Technical).
- Assists in solving technical and performance problems within the technical infrastructure (Technical).
- Knowledge of Voice and Data Platforms and Networks, UC&C Applications and Application Integration Services
- Knowledge of SS7, GRR303, H.320, H.323 and SIP protocols
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers and firewalls, network bandwidth management
- Fluency in English
- VoIP/telephony expertise including knowledge of competitive solutions (i.e. Cisco, Avaya/Nortel), working knowledge of PBX integration scenarios (i.e. Communications Server deployed with the intent to handle voice communications
- including the ability to make inbound and outbound PSTN voice calls via third party PBX, gateway or SIP Trunk)
- Strong hands on delivery experience with Microsoft Office Communications Server R2 with emphasis on the Enterprise Voice specific workloads within OCS R2 and up to Microsoft Lync 2013
- Large scale, multi-site design, rollout and operational experience around core Microsoft Infrastructure components and OCS R2 or Lync Voice workloads
- Experience on infrastructure architecture design, developing solution guidance and leading complex solutions
- A Microsoft MCSE certification, or Lync Masters certification is highly desirable