Welcome to Crossover
Vice President of Engineering
If you are a world-class software engineering leader with the intellectual curiosity and desire to execute to a drastically differentiated cutting edge new software engineering process; if you have a passion for metrics-driven approach to high quality software development; if you possess senior organizational leadership, combined with the deep technical experience necessary to manage software engineering for a portfolio of software companies generating $100M annually — this role is for you.
Aurea Software is a fast growing enterprise software company that delivers transformative customer experience through a variety of world class software products. The Aurea leadership team manages product management and engineering delivery for a collection of affiliated solutions, as such, a VP of Engineering will have the opportunity to lead a true multi-product, multi-domain, multi-team organization.
Aurea is a company with a long-term view on delivering customer success at a high level of efficiency and profitability. Aurea is a company with a strategy to grow both through expansion of its core business and through acquisition of additional software companies. Today we serve companies such as Disney, British Airways, PayPal, and Bank of America, helping them transform their customers’ experiences.
The Vice President of Engineering will serve as a key member of the global executive team for Aurea or one of its affiliated sister companies and will be responsible for quarterly high-quality product delivery. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to run an engineering organization using a revolutionary and radically differentiated process. With a focus on small, great global teams, productivity, factory-like process, and quantifiable business impact, you will be expected to drive higher levels of value and productivity from your engineering organization than most companies would expect to achieve. You must build, develop and engage a team from a global talent pool. In doing so, you must set an agenda for the function where the teams effectively and efficiently solve some of the most challenging software problems with engineers distributed around the globe. You will leverage your personal technical depth as a as a former developer and architect in order to set a personal standard for Computer Science excellence, to push your teams and to assess the talent base you need to maintain.
- Drive rigorous, regular product releases across multiple, complex software products
- Establish world-class standards and technical operations to deliver consistent, high-quality products across dispersed, global teams
- Implement engineering management strategies to achieve world-class productivity and cost efficiency
- Engage with customers and product managers to ensure that product delivery obsessively aligns with customer value creation
- Transform existing teams of engineers and architects and development managers into a highly effective engineering function, including upgrading and reorganizing our talent as required
- Engage and align top talent through strong recruitment, mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management
- Lead product technical due diligence and engineering talent assessment for 2-4 acquired or to-be-acquired companies each year
- Transform acquired engineering teams into an effective and efficient global model to increase quality and reduce cost over pre-acquisition benchmarks
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or PhD preferred) is absolutely mandatory.
- 15+ years of engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies — this is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a great software development manager
- A huge plus if your experience is Software Engineering focused instead or product management
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Spent 5 years in hands-on C++, Java or .NET architecture and programming in a hands-on, development-intensive individual contributor role
- Recent experience with DevOps and Cloud architecture. We live in the Cloud.
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity
Total compensation: $200,000/year
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
IT / Informatika > It-vezeto, Szoftvermérnök
Mérnök / Műszaki > Mérnök
Szervezés / Menedzsment / Cégvezetés > Fejlesztési menedzser, Fejlesztési szakember, Informatikai igazgató
Távmunka / Otthoni munka
|Minimális tapasztalat||Több mint 5 év|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Főiskolai végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő, Határozatlan idejű|