UX Executive - Lancashire, Manchester, M21 0
The User Experience Executive will be part of the UX team, which plays an integral role within the business, constantly looking to improve the customer journey, optimise the user experience and introduce innovations onto the site. We work as part of a wider Ecommerce team including a Visual Merchandising team, Trading team and an International Project Manager to identify key areas for improvement and development.
This role is very proactive, constantly drawing on internal data analysis, competitor research and industry best practice in order to generate ideas that can develop the site and lead to innovation. Our aim is to create an experience that customers find intuitive, engaging and enjoyable to use and as such will want to return to more frequently. We want boohoo to be our customers' online shopping destination of choice.
Building relationships with all areas of the business and utilising strong communication skills will be crucial in order to deliver changes accurately, in a timely manner and to a high standard. Identifying and involving the key stakeholders for each project will be essential in ensuring requirements are captured and there is a clear understanding of what each change will deliver to the business.
This is a varied role, which requires the continual monitoring of day to day performance so we are able to pinpoint and resolve any user experience issues in a timely manner, whilst also leading your own longer term projects and supporting the UX Manager with bigger business projects that will be crucial in driving the business forward and continuing our phenomenal growth. As such excellent organisation skills, prioritisation and attention to detail will be required to manage your workload effectively.
A wide skill set is needed for this role to ensure we can successfully take the user experience of boohoo to the next level in terms of localisation, personalisation, innovative functionality and the experience we serve across devices, with a particular focus on mobile. To do this effectively you will need to be customer centric and truly understand our audience and their behaviours whilst always aligning with business goals and KPI's. Utilising a variety of methods including A/B & MVT testing and usability research will be necessary to attain this knowledge and to continue evolving with our audience.
The job holder will be joining a passionate UX team including another User Experience Executive and a User Experience Assistant who all report into the UX Manager.
Tasks and Duties:
- Help input into A/B and MVT optimisation testing activities.
- Work on the deployment of the personalisation strategy across all sites.
- Have an international focus, understanding the nuances of user experience for the fashion sector allowing for effective localisation of individual sites on a global scale.
- Use analytics to inform and drive changes on the site.
- Develop and deliver successful user experiences across multiple devices, with a key focus on improving the mobile user journey.
- Document and share any requirements, learnings and development with the wider team.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity, industry trends and best practice so new ideas can be integrated into our projects.
- Work with the team to help plan the future direction of user experience for the business and as part of this take the lead on designated projects to develop and deploy the best user experience possible for our customers.
- Ensure relevant inputs are accessed, understood and used at the start of a project e.g. previous testing, analytics, market data, voice of the customer etc.
- Validate user requirements from a technical/feasibility perspective with technical and other business stakeholders.
- Develop, document and own the detail of user requirements by utilising a variety of techniques including user stories, written requirements, wireframes and prototypes.
- Handover the final user solution/spec to the technical team, ensuring level of detail is fit for purpose, fit for the audience and is understood by the audience.
- Help conduct user-acceptance testing (UAT) against user stories for own projects as well as for wider UX team projects.
- Provide the UX Manager with support in larger business projects.
- Through effective relationships across the brand and understanding of all business needs, continually striving to identify improvements to processes for own job role
- Undertake alternative duties within the department as dictated by business demands, work load levels and under direction of UX Manager
Within the role User Experience Executive you will have:
- Degree or equivalent from a Digital/Ecommerce/User Experience related degree
- UX experience of a minimum of 24 months.
- Experience working in the online fashion sector
- Good understanding of web usability and best practice web design
- Good insight into Ecommerce web sites and best practice user journeys and navigation.
- Good understanding of and experience in implementing localisation across international sites.
- Good understanding of how to develop experiences for different devices; desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Good understanding of and experience in implementing a personalisation strategy
- Intermediate/advanced level in analytics
- Some technical knowledge for communication between developers
- Can confidently work without constant supervision yet is aware and works within internal processes
- Customer centric approach
- Accepts responsibility for own workload, planning, scheduling and prioritising work effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
- Team player and ability to work collaboratively with a variety of different roles across the business
- Ability to thoroughly QC work, identify errors and perform user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to work processes
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience of A/B & MVT testing
- Confident in using methodologies including user stories, wireframing and prototyping.
- Reportoire of requirements gathering techniques
- Ability to manage processes