Our client is a well known multinational company and is looking for a qualified Unix engineer.
The team is responsible for designing and implementing Linux infrastructure. The group is involved in integration, and maintenance of hardware, Operating Systems and services.
The person will be responsible for maintaining the Linux plant (deploying new releases, patching existing releases); managing escalations for all Linux related issues; as well as collaborating with the rest of UNIX and Storage Engineering groups on strategic future of Linux in the company.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS, in particular Red Hat, and Linux kernel
- Knowledge of x86 hardware
- Effective troubleshooting skills across all components of the plant (HW, OS, network, storage)
- Some knowledge of C, gdb, crash, systemtap, strace, and other debugging tools
- Knowledge of Solaris OS and SPARC