To develop and implement sourcing strategies as the Global Travel Sourcing Manager for the assigned categories. Achieve the procurement objectives for the categories including delivery of defined Cost Reduction and Cost Avoidance save targets as agreed during the planning process, be seen as an expert within the category and develop and maintain positive relationships across senior business stakeholders, the regional Procurement category teams, Global category lead and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute global sourcing strategies to include corporate travel services and technology, air, hotel, rail, car rental and ground transportation resulting in the achievement of increased traveler satisfaction, reduced travel security risk, cost savings and the promotion of an expanded preferred provider programs
- Collaborate positively across procurement and with internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing programmes, and build procurement influence in the assigned categories
- Lead cross functional internal teams that will improve commercial arrangements with suppliers
- Achieve specific category targets/ goals
- Apply appropriate sourcing levers to programmes, such as benchmarking, tendering, process improvement, volume leverage, supplier consolidation and product substitution/ elimination to reduce cost and provide service improvements in the timely fulfilment of business needs
- Ensure appropriate use is made of electronic tools such as eRFX, e-Auction and eSignature to enable efficient and effective sourcing process execution
- Coordinate all procedural requirements including approved supplier program, supplier diversity, contract management system, procure-to-pay system, related metrics and reporting.
- Experience in sourcing in related travel sub-categories on global level for fortune 500 company
- Delivered medium scale and/ or complex sourcing programs
- Demonstrated effective communications, project management and compliance management
- Has undertaken value engineering of specifications within the applicable categories
- Ability and experience to manage multiple projects/tenders with minimal direct supervision
- Proven experience in managing cross-functional teams, obtaining consensus confidence to engage and influence a diverse stakeholder group
- High level of commercial awareness and able to translate strategy into action
- Ability to analyse value at stake then focus and prioritise on the big impact opportunities that deliver savings
- Contracts administration and management knowledge
- Fluent English, excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems and eProcurement tools such as Oracle, Procure-to-Pay, eAuction, eRFX tools
- Strong Project Management skills and ability to delivery projects within scope
- Ability to deliver ambitious saves targets
- Relevant degree qualification
- Certified Procurement Professional such as CPM or CIPS is advantageous
- Ability to interact with senior management in a professional and positive manner
- Exceptional negotiating abilities
This role offers a career-defining opportunity to join a successful and fast growing EMEA business and help to shape and build a function that delivers tangible business improvement across a complex European organization.
Apply directly to Fanni Jurkovics, Research Consultant, for a short pressure free and confidential discussion on this role and other opportunities.