Training Officer (PCV drivers) - Lanarkshire, Glasgow, G32 0
McGill's Buses - Training School Officer - Johnstone Depot
McGill's Buses is Scotland's largest independent bus company. We currently have five bus depots, in excess of 800 staff, approximately 350 bus fleet, and operate a large variety of local bus Services and SPT routes throughout the West Coast of Scotland.
A vacancy has arisen for a Training School Officer based at our Johnstone Depot. This busy, varied role is a full time, permanent post based on a minimum 38 hour week, working Monday - Saturday hours to be agreed. The Training Officer will report to the Johnstone Depot Manager. Competitive salary is on offer.
The successful candidate MUST have a clean, up to date PCV Licence and Driver CPC card. Bus driver training/development experience is preferred. The successful candidate MUST have excellent IT skills and be proficient in all Microsoft packages (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
The ideal candidate will be required to deliver group presentations to a high standard and will therefore have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. He/she must be comfortable working as part of a small team, and on his/her own initiative.
* To motivate and support new driver recruits
* Ensure all training/development/induction processes are carried out successfully with new employees. Includes ALMEX training and Vehicle Familiarisation
* Ensure all induction documentation is completed on time and returned to the appropriate Manager
* To carry out any practical defensive driver training and staff and support class-based instruction
* Carry out any remedial/corrective driver training/assessments as required by management
* To undertake covert driver standard observation duties as directed by management
* Liaise with external organisations regarding ongoing provision of CPC training for all PCV drivers and maintain accurate/up to date records of all CPC training.
* To undertake projects as required by management
* To be pro active in all activities to ensure the stability and continued success of McGill's training school
If you think you have the right attributes for this post, please email your cover letter & CV (stating why you consider yourself suitable for this post) to our Personnel Department by applying online.