Our partner is a multinational company is looking for a
Test automation engineer
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Review requirements, specification, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual static testing.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing.
- Improve and automate test strategies and software configurations
- Define test strategies and test manuals for tracking and fixing software issues
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various Software Cafeteria products; i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the Development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Participate in the Change Control procedure to identify the quality implications of known bugs and the impact of proposed changes to product definition on the testing process.
- Work with the DevOps team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification (“smoke”) test.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of regularly-scheduled test status updates.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist the Development Manager in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
- Provide the Development Manager with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies.
- Assist the Development Manager in preparing test plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Participate in tester interviews, including administering “audition interviews” for Functional Test Engineer and Test Automation Engineer candidates.
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level test engineers and/or test technicians assigned to assist the Test Automation Engineer.
- Provide the Test Manager with performance assessments for assigned junior personnel
Person Specification, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in IT related field
- 3-5 years in a similar job position
- Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter, Selenium, NeoLoad, WebDriver
- Good knowledge of programming languages (Java, C++)
- Team player
- Initiative in setting and meeting goals
- Forward thinker with positive and down to earth attitud
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of a programming language is a plus
+36 1 88 33 518