Our client is a multinational, industry leading provider of drilling modules to the oil and gas industry. The company commissions, designs, manufactures, installs, and provides aftermarket service for a wide variety of drilling systems and equipment, supplying both integrated solutions and standalone machines. To the office in South Norway, we are now looking for full-time, experienced TECHNICAL WRITER, developing master templates for complex machines.
- Minimum 2-year engineering /architecture / physics study.
- Higher education in English or English translation or technical communication is a definite plus.
- Masters' degree is a plus.
- The candidate must have both educational backgrounds: technical and linguistic /communication / business / journalism.
- Approximately 5-year experience writing English user manual master templates for complex machines.
- Writing about software is a comparative advantage.
- Experience developing user friendly layouts.
- Experience developing appropriate illustrations to the user manuals.
- Experience with visual forms of communication.
- Experience obtaining multi-disciplinary information about the machines, cross-checking it, and properly interpreting it.
- Experience working with deadlines and eliminating document backlog.
- Oil industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent English writing skills (the candidate must pass English test)
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of complex machinery.
- Able to read and properly interpret mechanical drawings, electrical & hydraulic diagrams.
- Able to develop and test user manual master templates from scratch or to improve existing ones.
- Properly editing English texts, adjusting the language to user friendly styles.
- Understanding conditional logics and its applications to texts. (the candidate must pass Logic test)
- Good understanding of machine auto-sequences and manual sequences.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Adobe Illustrator is a plus
- Inventor is a plus
- Autocad is a plus
Place of work:
South Norway. Applicants must be willing and able to relocate to Norway on a permanent basis!