We are looking for talented new colleague for the position below
Technical Program Manager
Job Function: Technical Project/Program Management
Reports to: INS Segment Ops ( Engineering & Business Integration Solutions )
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for one or more projects on a Technical basis that are interrelated from the perspective of customer, technology and or product platform and provides guidance, direction and support to the Project managers assigned to these projects. The Technical Program Manager will also ensure through governance that there is strong collaboration between the different functional areas involved in the project(s) ensuring effective planning and execution of project activities.
The Technical Program Manager also coordinates non-project sustaining activities with the Operations Program Managers and local customer focus Teams at each manufacturing facility/site.
In addition the Technical Program Manager will act on a Technical basis (multiple site, multiple location) as the key interface between manufacturing operations, design, account management, business development and the customer. The Technical Program Manager will ensure common business practices and interactions with the customer (where applicable) for those customers whose manufacturing/services are performed in multiple Flextronics locations.
The Technical Program Manager will:
- Manage customer relationship on a Technical basis and will act as the key escalation point Technically for all product programs, projects and operational performance issues.
- Facilitate collaborative communication between all functional areas within a location / business group/vertically integrated organization
- Facilitate external two way communication between Customer and Flextronics Sites.
- Manage processes to ensure Customers expectations are clearly defined, understood and communicated across the appropriate Flextronics Organizations
- Conduct operational performance reviews to ensure Flextronics and Customer requirements are at the required levels.
- Ensure effective and timely corrective action of any performance and customer service related issues
- Ensure cost reduction plans are in place and actively drive them to meet both internal and customer targets.
- Ensure the use all appropriate best practices systems, processes and tools of the Flextronics Management System e.g., Lean, Portals, FPLC, Project management etc.
- Provide input to the Sales and Operations planning process and ensure that Flextronics entities have sufficient Organizational and Operational readiness in support of the future needs of the Customer. (e.g. manufacturing capacity, technical capability, etc.)
- Provide input into future Flextronics business and operational strategies to support customer/Segment/Product business strategies
- Input into Customer Contract development process and ensure Contract requirements are adhered to by both Flextronics and the Customer.
- Actively manage and drive improvement actions related to customer satisfaction to achieve levels of performance that Exceeds Customers Requirements
- Along with the Global Account Manager and Operations Program Manager, manage end of life activities in line with the FPLC procedures ensuring minimum risk and impact to the business
- Work with Design and Operations Technically to ensure the appropriate Project Managers and project resources are assigned to all customer projects
- Be accountable for the performance of the FPLC project team(s) and Project manager(s) and ensure all project managers, program managers and project teams adhere to the Flextronics Product Life Cycle Process (FPLC) process no matter where the projects are initiated from.
- Attend phase gate reviews where applicable (i.e. FPLC and Customer) and monitor and review project performance with the principle Project manager and Site Program Manager(s) ensuring timely resolution of any issues that may arise
- Provide the necessary Technical leadership and support to manage projects in line with project management processes and associated policies and procedures.
- Ensure collaborative cross-functional project team participation to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control all phases of a project or subproject to ensure work efforts are executed on time, within budget, and according to stated requirements reliably and repeatedly.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Flextronics Product Life Cycle process, including, policies, procedures and tools.
- Strong working knowledge of the Flextronics project management methodology, procedures, practices & controls (e.g. PMBOK® Nine knowledge areas, Integration Management, Scope Management, Risk Management, Cost Management, Human Resource Management, Quality Management, Communications Management, Schedule Management, Procurement Management etc.)
- Working knowledge in project management supporting software tools
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Flextronics problem solving processes and techniques
- Ability to interface and communicate with different levels of the organization
- Strong communication skills (verbally, listening and writing)
- Well organized & disciplined, good attention to detail, sets priorities and manages time effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills (e.g.. coaching, motivating, Conflict management)
- Demonstrates sound leadership capabilities in line with the ten Flextronics Leadership traits.
- Strong Business acumen and a complete understanding of the Flextronics Business model
- Comprehensive understanding of Manufacturing Operations including Supply Chain, Quality, Manufacturing e.t.c.
- Be able to manage though influence
- Have a clear understanding of Technical Best practices
- Be conversant and have a good working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma
- Ability to interpret financial statements and understand the Business KOI’s and their drivers.
- Competent in contract negotiation and service level agreement development
- Comprehensive Understanding of the contents of the contracts or service agreements
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, creativity, flexibility and a Relentless drive to ensure business success
- Committed to driving a Culture of Continuous Improvement
- Passionate Customer Service Orientation
- Strong team building & leadership skills with the ability to build commitment and intense collaboration within the team
Candidates with hands-on experience and knowledge in RF or Optical tests are preferred:
- Minimum a Bachelor degree or above in Physics or electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with fiber optic products (PE or TE)
- Experiene of fiber fusion splicing
- Experiene of fiber routing
- Experience of fiber optic assembly
- Familiar with fiber interconnect
- Familiar with fiber/connector handling process (inspection, cleaning)
- Knowledge of fiber optic active/passive components
- Knowledge of fiber optic modules
- Knowledge of optical modes in optical fiber, and what is MM and SM fiber
- Knowledge of bi-refringent and PM fiber
- Knowledge of Dispersion Compensation
- Experience with fiber amplifiers (EDFA and RA)
- Experiences with 100G optics, or even above (Transponder and Muxponder)
- Fiber optic test development
- Knowledge of coherent optics (Optional)
- Optical component packaging (Optional)
- Experience of MEMS (Optional)
- Expience of fiber optic design (Optional)
- Minimum Bachelor degree or above in Physics or Eelectrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with RF/Wireless products (PE or TE)
- Familiar with RF/Wireless technologies
- Familiar with RF/Wireless product process and can provide technical guidance
- Familiar with RF/Wireless founctional test process, test equipment
- Knowledge of RF active/passive components
- Hands-on debug experience with RF/Wireless products
- Knowledge of modulation technologies
- Experiences with RF assembly, tuning, and testing
- Experiences with WiFi products
- Experience with other RF products, such as Bluetooth
- RF/Wireless product test development
- Experience with LTE 4G products (Optional)
- Knowledge of Antenna technologies (Optional)
- Experience with E-Band products (Optional)
- Experience with RF simulation tool, such as ADS(Optional)
If you are interested in the role above, please send your resume both in Hungarian and English via the link below.