Technical Claims Advisor - Lanarkshire, Glasgow, G32 0
Technical Claims Advisor (Disaster & Restoration) - Glasgow: 14718
As a technical reviewer dealing with Disaster & Restoration (DR&R) losses, you will review digital evidence live from the Insured's home, with an on site technician. You will agree immediate actions to be made on site, taking steps to mitigate the damage and to minimise, as much as possible, the disturbance caused to our policy holder.
You will authorise works, design and agree a drying scope with the contractor. You will then produce a building scope with the on site technician acting as 'your eyes and ears' to enable you to compile fulfilment options on all aspects of the claim, discussing this with Insured.
As the file owner, you will be responsible for pro active management of the claim, providing excellent customer service whilst maintaining control of the indemnity cost and speed of settlement for your own portfolio, processing all activities required in a timely manner.
All successful applicants will be expected to enrol in the BDMA (British Damage Management Association) training and pass their examsat basic level within 3 months of taking up the role.
- Ownership & accountability for Disaster & Restoration claims, utilising digital evidence including video and photographs to create a scope for repairs to facilitate settlement negotiation.
- Continue to manage claims on a delegated authority basis, following a claim through to completion and settlement, as the claim owner where assigned to them.
- Negotiating a settlement with customers and arranging payments, appointing suppliers where necessary.
- Determine rectification works necessary and act as point of technical referral.
- Point of contact for updates, progress and co-ordination of the claim with close management of the customers expectations.
- Support Home Claims, involving a subrogated recovery element, by carrying out investigations and providing information relevant to possible recovery opportunities.
- Take ownership & accountability for the claim.
- Ensure appropriate handling of the claim and effective control of claims spend.
- Manage instruction of fulfilment suppliers within service level agreements.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of Treating the Customer Fairly.
- Successful achievement of all business targets asset out within departmental measures.
- Identify & support both subrogated and dual indemnity recovery opportunities.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience of Claims, including; Initiation & Liability Investigation, Negotiation and Settlement, Claims Quantum, Assessment & Reserving and/or Claims Recovery.
- Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance.
- Customer Service experience.
- Knowledge of insurance principles & practice.
- Knowledge/experience of fraud investigations.
- The ideal candidate will currently be operating in a similar capacity, as a Loss Adjuster, Claims Incident Manager or Technical Claims Handler/Manager.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear vision: to be Britain's best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We're home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />