Software Applications Engineer
Intrexon provides comprehensive synthetic biology solutions. We are focused on collaborating with companies in Health, Food, Energy, Environment, and Consumer Sectors to create biologically based products and processes that improve the quality of life and health of the planet. Through an integrated suite of proprietary tools, Intrexon enables our collaborators to rapidly and reliably iterate through each critical stage of development including design, build, test, and learn to quickly arrive at optimal biological solutions with real-world value.
The Software Applications Engineer will work on all phases of the laboratory and enterprise systems development life cycle. Responsibilities will include software development, systems implementations, analyzing user requirements, writing scripts, data management and analysis, user support, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues, developing and executing on project plans. The Software Applications Engineer will be versatile and self-starting, leveraging strong software technical and scientific domain knowledge, along with excellent customer service skills to deliver high quality services to support the scientists and the high-throughput operations at our Budapest site. Some travel may be required to our US and Belgium sites.
- Delivers and supports full life cycle system implementations, including but not limited to the Scientific Data Management System, Electronic Laboratory Notebook, LIMS, instrumentation and analysis applications
- Configures and customizes systems, performs system and database administration activities, and troubleshoots complex problems
- Collaborates with vendor resources, internal customers, and within the distributed IT team to deliver software system solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations and meet project timelines within budget.
- Rapidly develops scripts and tools for the scientists’ needs, and parsers to support various file formats from instrumentation systems such as robotics, spectrophotometer, fermentation, GC-FID, and UPLC data).
- Assists in verification and validation of data.
- Provides training to users.
- Assists robotics operators in automation and programming needs.
- Assists in data analysis, statistical interpretation, and visualization of data.
- Coordinates with IT Operations resources to ensure IT infrastructure requirements for Budapest are met (storage, backups, desktops, hardware, voice).
- Ensures local solutions delivered to the Budapest site are designed in accordance with the overall IT Software strategy
- Contributes to the IT Software architecture, overall applications and data management landscape, and facilitates Budapest system integrations to the enterprise where appropriate.
- Effectively communicates project status, technical solutions, and recommendations to customers, management and colleagues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S or M.S. in Computer Sciences, Life Sciences, or related discipline, with 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with or exposure to Agilent OpenLab ECM and ELN, off-the-shelf Laboratory Information Management Systems (Genologics Clarity, IDBS ActivityBase), bioinformatics tools, and instrument systems software required.
- Strong knowledge of databases (Oracle, PostgresSQL, MySQL, SQL Server), database design, administration, and SQL
- Working knowledge of Linux and MS Windows, MS Office tools, proficient with Excel / Excel macros
- Experience managing, parsing, extracting, and processing data from a variety of instrument systems.
- Experience working on software tools, data management, and systems within the Life Sciences industry
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills, working cross-functionally and across geographic locations.
- Excellent troubleshooting / problem-solving skills in diverse technical areas.
- Strong foundation in Software/Systems Development Life Cycle, business analysis, and project management concepts and techniques.
- Able to communicate effectively in Hungarian and English.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES
- Experience working with laboratory robotics systems interfacing to LIMS systems
- Experience in high-throughput data analysis, visualization (Spotfire, Tableau, etc.) and interpretation
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems in a distributed (multi-site) environment
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, vendors, customers, and management.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
- Experience working with the Agile/SCRUM methodology
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, benefit and training package
- Flexible working hours
- International visibility
- Dynamic, inspiring team environment
For immediate consideration please email your English CV to Dora Csordas at the following e-mail address.
For more information, please visit our website Link megjelenítése.