Welcome to Crossover
Senior Vice President of Product Management - $32,000/month - REMOTE
The SVP of Technical Product Management is responsible for building and managing a team of VPs of Technical Product Management. Their primary deliverable are highly technical product specs that make the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) for a product.
What sets SVPs of Technical Product Management apart is their ability to:
- Simplify complex architectures and decisions
- Hire and manage a team
Both SVPs and VPs must learn and use a wide array of existing third-party technologies. They must know when and how to design new data structures and algorithms. They must have the experience to understand the fatal impact that poor product design decisions can have and strategies on how to avoid them. And finally, they must be able to communicate their technical decisions in a clear, written manner so that other people on the team may follow their direction.
Unfortunately, most companies do a terrible job at this. They do not do the hard work up front and they start coding too early. They don’t invest in developing expertise and innovation, they build roadmaps based on what competitors are already delivering or on the tactical needs of the sales team. Their technical product managers focus on UIs and mockups instead of the product’s core data structures and algorithms.
If this resonates with you, and you have basic management experience combined with a track record of owning fundamental architecture decisions, you should apply.
For the SVP position you must have 5+ years experience in this role at one of the following types of companies:
- A Top 100 software development company such as Microsoft, Google, Oracle, Facebook, etc.
- A leading financial institution such as Goldman Sachs, Citi, HFT Trading firm, etc.
- Be one of the top 5 technical architects at a software outsourcing organization
If you feel as I do, and you want to learn more in a year than most will learn in a decade, you should apply.
- As an SVP, you will recruit and manage a team of individual contributors and be responsible for their work. Your day-to-day responsibilities include reviewing their decisions and coaching them to make their architectures simpler and their decisions clearer.
- You will be expected to identify and focus on the core data structures, algorithms, and third-party components that are best to use in your designs.
- You should be a clear and organized thinker, able to find the important patterns in work and focus on the “big picture” without being lost in the details.
- Provide active daily feedback to individual contributors writing Important Technical Decisions. Help make them simpler and clearer.
- Interview new L2 TPMs and guide them through a structured training period
- Know how to apply modern software design patterns (think cloud, containerization, etc) to product requirements
- BS in CompSci, CompE, or EE
- 5+ years of hands-on production code development in Java or C#
- 3+ years experience making the core technical design decisions that were then implemented by other developers
- Excellent at reducing overly complicated and unstructured answers into a set of simple and structured decisions
- Able to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
- Excellent written communication skills including architecture diagrams, data flows, and system component diagrams
- A passion for creating work in a process-driven way and working with team members to continuously improve that process
Technical Product Managers have an exciting career opportunity with increasing levels of responsibility, impact, and compensation. Hiring Managers actively work to develop talent and grow from within where possible.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
You will start your application by hitting the 'Apply Now' button then uploading your CV and confirming your email address. From there - the Crossover platform will guide you through the remaining steps, which involves a set of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?
Crossover is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
IT / Informatika > It-vezeto, Programozó, Rendszerfejlesztő, Szoftvermérnök
Mérnök / Műszaki > Mérnök
Szervezés / Menedzsment / Cégvezetés > Fejlesztési menedzser, Fejlesztési szakember
Távmunka / Otthoni munka
|Minimális tapasztalat||Több mint 5 év|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Főiskolai végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő, Határozatlan idejű|