UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Senior Recruitment Associate
Position Numbers: 10020982 and 10020983
Category & Level: General Service, G-7
Location: Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS)
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: initially for a period of one year (renewable)
Closing Date: 22 May 2014
Talent Outreach & Acquisition Section (TOAS) takes the lead in all external recruitment, including the management of special recruitment programs such as the Entry-level Humanitarian Professional Programme (EHP) and the Capacity Building Initiative (CBI).
The Senior Recruitment Associate is part of TOAS and performs under direct supervision of the Head of Unit (EHP/CBI) who provides general guidance and work plans. The incumbent works independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor.
The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with job candidates and hiring managers and plays a key role in provision of guidance and advice to candidates and managers on recruitment policies and procedures.
- Pipelines of “Ready-to-Hire” candidates are effective and based on well-defined recruitment needs and criteria.
- EHP Recruitment and Conversion exercises are timely and meet the needs of the requesting offices at HQ and in the field.
- Assist the Head of Unit in the preparation of UNHCR’s external recruitment strategy and budget.
- Liaise with and assist hiring managers in the definition of their needs in terms of profiles and scope.
- Identify new sources of candidates.
- Conduct target searches of candidates with specific profiles, including “Hard-to-find”.
- Conduct outreach activities, including recruitment missions to field locations to identify candidates with targeted skills and competencies.
- Conduct recruitment missions to promote UNHCR as an employer of choice, especially to target universities, professional associations, research institutes, and other relevant organizations.
- Build pipelines of “Ready-to-Hire” candidates.
- Liaise with UN agencies and other international organizations to benchmark best practices.
- Conduct analysis of data related to recruitment and draft reports.
- Assist the Senior Recruitment Officer in the implementation of the EHP Recruitment and Conversion exercises from planning to implementation, induction and monitoring of progress of assignments and in any other issues in relation to recruitment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Recommend profiles of candidates based on a review of the CVs and profiles.
- Represent UNHCR in recruitment activities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with certificate in Business Administration, Personnel Administration/Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of relevant work experience, including with entry-level professional recruitment programmes.
- Good knowledge of recruitment best practices and tools to hire the best talents.
- Experience in using social media platforms for recruitment, including recruitment branding.
- High IT affinity with excellent computer skills and working knowledge in PeopleSoft/MSRP and MS- Office software.
- Communication skills.
- Interviewing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension).
- Judgment and Decision making.
- Empowering and Building Trust.
- Technological Awareness.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of UN Administration and procedures/processes, and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
- Knowledge of UN and UNHCR’s HR policies.
- Proficient in online search methodologies such as "Boolean search".
- Working knowledge of French, Arabic or another official UN language.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your motivation letter, CV and Personal History Form (P11), by e-mail with “Your LAST name - Application for the Sen. Recruitment Associate (10020982 & 10020983) positions” in the subject line to the email address below by 22 May 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése