Senior Linux / Storage Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Linux / Storage Engineer for one of the world’s leading energy companies with more than 100,000 employees and contractors located in over 50 countries around the world. Their large, in-house IT organization consists of 6,000 pr
Pozíció leírása / Job description
We are looking for a Senior Linux / Storage Engineer for one of the world’s leading energy companies with more than 100,000 employees and contractors located in over 50 countries around the world. Their large, in-house IT organization consists of 6,000 professionals supporting an array of business lines, plants, refineries, manufacturing sites, internal and external business partners.
This team in Budapest is responsible for maintaining and developing the entire Europe, Middle East and Africa network of the company.
In this position, you will be in charge of:
- As Role holder you have to implement and operate Linux servers, Linux based open source applications, virtualization solutions, storage arrays, and backup systems for internal services and external customers
- Design assurance – working with external & internal teams to support and maintain effective design and development standards
- Technical support (2nd & 3rd level) and problem diagnosis/resolution on customers managed infrastructure, on-call might be required.
- Continuous service improvements including automation, patch management and server optimization including relevant documentation and design changes
- Direct customer contact for technological questions during the implementation and project phase
- Definition of guidelines, standards and working procedures for the technologies in scope
- Active participation in international projects and with global support teams; responsibility for systems administration across country borders
Elvárások / Requirements
Regarding the soft skills, you need to:
- Have he ability to meet the customers’ needs in line with the business requirements is a must
- Working with a cooperative and positive attitude in a group settings to achieve common goals is a must
- Have the ability to convey information to someone effectively and efficiently while creating a good first impression and engaging the audience is a must
- The ability to comprehend and to systematically organize the various aspects of a problem or situation is a must
- Take the responsibility and takes care of the consequences of making a decision
- Act in advance of a future situation, e.g. making things happen, putting energy to solve the situation
Requirements regarding your professional skills:
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system administration and experience with backup & restore solutions is a must
- Knowledge of standards and technology trends in the storage environment, in particular NetApp/EMC storage is a must
- Experience in the area of server virtualization based on VMware and ideally Red Hat kvm.
- Experience with storage area networks and protocols is a must (CISCO MDS, FC, FCoE).
- Knowledge of high availability systems, in particular Red Hat cluster and VMware based concepts is an advantage.
- Experience in Network & Security (DNS, DHCP, proxy, firewalls, etc) is an advantage
Otherwise, fluent english knowledge is a must as well.
Amit kínálunk / Offer
- Training and development opportunities in a global organization
- Be part of an international team
- Possibility to work with new technologies