Senior Information Management Associate (Fleet Management)
Position Number: 10021970
Category & Level: General Service, G-7
Location: Assets & Fleet Management Section Division of Emergency, Security & Supply Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year
Closing Date: 31 May 2018
The Information Management Associate (Fleet Management) assists in the development of tools for the production and dissemination of information on Asset and Fleet Management.
The incumbent assists in creating data standards for Asset and Fleet Management at the central level, which will, amongst other, contribute to data collection from field operations. The incumbent compiles, explores and analyses data from all available sources to produce users and management reports on Asset and Fleet Management. S/he supports the Assets and Fleet Management Section and UNHCR’s field operations in the choice of indicators for monitoring of Key-performance indicators and other report indicators to be included in periodic reports as well as ad-hoc reports and dashboards. He/she assists in operationalizing the FleetWave computer system, and is responsible for the hosting arrangements and for maintaining the system with an up-time at industry standard or better.
- UNHCR delivers reliable, accessible and user-friendly, relevant and timely information on Asset and Fleet Management.
- Global data standards for Asset and Fleet Management established, and where appropriate country-specific common data standards are created and adopted by UNHCR and its partners.
- Operationalize and organise global asset and fleet management data so that it can be used in a software that supports the implementation of global asset and fleet management.
- Promote and implement software changes within the Assets and Fleet Management Section and with field operations and their partners.
- Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics.
- Liaise with the hosting service provider for FleetWave and other software used by Assets and Fleet Management to ensure good service level, correction of issues and industry standard or better up-time on the servers.
- Manage the full software development lifecycle, and the contract with the software vendor, according to UNHCR policy. If required undertake mission in order to discuss new developments with the vendor (1-2 times/year).
- Conduct business requirements analysis and design solutions and make arrangements for establishing priorities, and for delivering software as appropriate.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS), if and as required.
- Share UNHCR data with field operations and partner agencies and maintain FleetWave and other software used by Asset and Fleet Management at Headquarters, in-line with agreed standards.
- Participate in assessment of User Requirements, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Participate in the creation of training materials and in the delivery of training as required including through field missions. Support the rollout of fleet management practices to UNHCR operations.
- Resolve requests for user access, and error reports.
- Any other duty relevant for the functions associated with this position.
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- Make recommendations and provide assistance and advice on the technical information management requirements.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or any related area.
- At least 11 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of SQL language.
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.).
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Empowering and Building Trust.
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Technological Awareness.
- Stakeholder Management.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Participation in the Operational Data Management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as PowerPivot, PowerBI, ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, EpiInfo6, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with a high-level programming language is an asset (e.g. VBA, Python, C#).
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
General Service Staff members currently serving at the duty station where the vacancy exists, who have been appointed through the AC process and have indefinite or Fixed Term appointment. Interested staff members should consult the Policy and Procedures on Assignments of Locally recruited Staff (PPAL). If you have questions regarding eligibility, please contact Nelli Hevesi.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) and its supplementary pages (if applicable), motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Senior Information Management Associate (Fleet Management) (10021970) position” in the subject line by 31 May 2018.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: icsc.un.org
Asszisztencia / Adminisztráció
IT / Informatika > Adatfeldolgozó szakember, It asszisztens
Közigazgatás / Államigazgatás > Adminisztrációs menedzser, Eu hivatalnok, Irodai ügyintéző
|Minimális tapasztalat||Több mint 5 év|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Középiskola|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő, Határozott idejű|