Senior Data Governance Analyst - Bristol
The Data Governance team, under the Customer Data Director within Lloyds Bank (Retail) has commenced an initiative to set up a Data Governance function aimed at bringing about robust management of data on the Group Data Warehouse (GDW). The Group Data Warehouse is a strategic enterprise asset and forms the basis of providing a single customer view for Lloyds Banking Group customers. The GDW Data Governance initiative is an important data management activity which will provide a foundational and sustainable capability, allowing for more effective management and collaboration across multiple in-flight data management initiatives also targeted at the Group Data Warehouse. As part of set up of that foundational DG capability, a GDW Data Governance team is being formed. This vacancy is for a Senior Data Governance Analyst on that team. It will be a full time role reporting to the Senior Manager of the Data Owner Governance Team.
Key Accountabilities for this role:
- Liaise with Group functions and areas (e.g. Group Risk, Group Information Architecture etc.) to understand current data policies and standards that are in place
- Work with key GDW Data Governance roles such as Data Stewards, Data Custodians and Group IT representatives to identify and prioritise areas where Data Governance policies and standards need to be improved
- Work with key Data Governance roles to document, review and agree new and changed Data Governance policies and standards
- Work with the GDW Data Governance Lead to set out the processes and the communication plan for the implementation and embedding of the agreed Data Governance policies and standards across projects, team and associates that are either producers or consumers of GDW data
- Collect metrics that measure the effectiveness of policies and standards, including awareness, extent of implementation, and perceived effectiveness of Data Governance policies and standards
- Create and deliver training related to improving the awareness of GDW Data Governance policies and standards
- Support the Data Governance Operations Analyst in the organisation and facilitation of GDW Data Governance meetings, and for the maintenance of key Data Governance artefacts
- Manage activities to ensure all relevant systems and End User Computing Solutions (EUCS) have the correct ownership and documentation in place, including the completion of Business Impact Assessments (BIAs). Ensuring that all designated owners fully understand and demonstrate their responsibilities.
- Support Data Owners to ensure compliance with Group Policies and Standards, development of processes, effective controls and issue resolution.
Key Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working in data warehousing and business intelligence delivery projects, preferably in a Lead Data Analyst or Data Architect role
- Strong understanding of key data management concepts and domains, such as metadata management, data quality, data security, information delivery architectures
- Good facilitation skills and experience working with a broad set of stakeholders/partners in Business and IT
- Previous project management experience in the Financial Services industry preferred (but not a requisite).
This vacancy is a Fixed Term Contract until 31/12/2014.