Rail Survey Manager - Swindon, City, SN1 1BY
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Rail Survey Manager to join our client's well established Ground Investigations team in their centrally located Swindon office.
The Research Consultancy & Specialised Surveys (RCSS) Unit has been delivering geotechnical, pavement, track-bed and highway investigations for over 20 years, undertaking more than 1000 investigation sites per year. Their in-house site investigation capability is supported by other RCSS services including Topographical surveying, Geophysical investigations, Geotechnical design services. This wide range of expertise enables us to provide not only high quality and cost effective site investigation services, but also a complete design and assessment package. In addition RCSS specialised services include Falling Weight Deflectometer testing, Surface & Borehole Geophysics and Terrestrial Laser Scanning.
As the Rail Survey Manager your day to day will include
- Lead the Rail Survey team in the Swindon office.
- Responsible for the supervision of the team both on site and in the office.
- Providing leadership and mentoring other members of the team.
- Responsible for the production of digital survey data using existing software packages.
- Undertaking survey calculations as they apply to survey work.
- Apply your knowledge of modern survey instrumentation and data processing software to ensure that survey tasks are completed both onsite and in the office in a timely manner.
For this role, the following will be required:
- Experienced in the use of modern survey equipment.
- The technical ability to efficiently plan and execute on-track surveys to current Network Rail standards.
- You'll be able to demonstrate previous management experience including a working knowledge of track possession planning, Work Package Plans and Safe Work Plans.
- Knowledge of possession planning and site safety.
- Experience planning and leading survey staff on site
- Degree in Surveying or equivalent qualification.
- Significant railway survey experience.
- Current PTS certificate is essential and you will ideally hold a COSS qualification.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
You will be expected to travel throughout the UK and be prepared to work away from home including at weekends and on night shifts.
The salary for this role is negotiable and we offer an extensive benefits package, which includes private healthcare, gym membership, season ticket loans and a contributory pension scheme.
Our client is one of the world's leading engineering and environmental consultants. We operate in five key markets: government, industrial, infrastructure, power and oil and gas. Their scale, global reach, local knowledge and sector expertise equip us to meet the most complex and challenging assignments.
Our client is a growing and vibrant organisation offering excellent benefits and employment conditions. They are committed to your individual career development and are proud to be able to offer a range of exciting projects as well as a variety of career directions for all their staff.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />