Purchasing Officer - Gloucestershire
Position Description - Permanent
The purchasing officer is an essential parts of the Stow Ag team. Ensuring that the company receives all goods and services as required and on time. Suppliers are constantly evaluated, better deals sought, contracts are negotiated and quality is maintained.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reviews requisitions to determine the best deal for the company.
- Meets with various suppliers to obtain information about products and services.
- Tests products prior to making purchasing decisions.
- Placing orders on a daily basis with suppliers, using system generated shortages reports.
- Supervising and co-ordinating stocktaking, using available staff.
- Approves invoices for payment to vendors.
- Enters into negotiations with suppliers.
Skills & Abilities
- Possesses negotiation skills when dealing with vendors.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally needs to have some knowledge of the Agricultural industry.
- Shows strong mental arithmetic skills.
- Has the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and delegate tasks as required.
- Possesses experience or qualifications in purchasing.
Additional and Salary Expectations
- Based at our Longborough offices, GL56 0QJ.
- Normal working hours 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
- Salary level of £18-£26,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Modern working environment with Air Conditioning.