The Royal Thai Embassy in Budapest is looking for a new
The Embassy is now hiring a locally employed Political Assistant to be part of the Embassy’s busy and flexible team.
The Political Assistant will play an active role in supporting the Embassy’s political/economic analysis and reports. The successful candidate will have opportunities to develop their skills and gain hands-on experience in these and related areas. This position will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring developments and conduct political/economic research and analytical report related to domestic politics and political/economic reform priorities in Hungary.
- Press and media monitoring and report writing as well as updating the Embassy’s media contacts and databases.
- Assisting with high-level visits between Thailand and Hungary.
- Representing the Embassy at meetings and events with Hungarian authorities and other external partners.
- Public outreach projects, including support for civil society, economic, trade promotion, and cultural events.
In addition to the above, the Political Assistant may be required to carry out other functions subject to the business needs of the Embassy, including periodic out of hours and weekend cover for the Embassy’s consular duty service.
Requirements and qualification:
- Applicant should be eligible for working in Hungary, i.e. be a Hungarian national or have a valid Hungarian work permit.
- University degree, preferably in international relations, development studies, political science or journalism.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication in English and Hungarian as well as strong analytical and presentation skills.
- A good knowledge of Hungarian, EU and international political and economic issues.
- Working experience in international relations, political analysis and/or an international institution are preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Salary and Conditions:
- The position can be started at earliest possible date but no later than 1 November 2019 until 30 September 2020, with the possibility of 1-year renewal. The contract will include a three-month probation period.
- A gross salary of HUF 282,795.- per month will be paid.
- This is expected to be a full-time position with office hours between 9.00 and 17.00. A part-time job could be considered based on negotiated terms and conditions.
- The Office will be based at the Royal Thai Embassy, Verecke Ut 79, 1025 Budapest.
Application deadline and recruitment process:
- To apply for the position, please send your application with the following documents:
- CV of not more than 2 pages.
- Cover letter (maximum 700 words) setting out the applicant’s suitability for the position.
- Proof of relevant education, and recommendations.
- Application and required documents shall be sent by Sunday 20 October 2019. Please write in the subject line: “Name Application – Political Assistant”.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and these must complete a written test before an interview.
Further information about the position can be obtained from the Embassy. (Mr. Tarnai Karoly).
Asszisztencia / Adminisztráció > Szervező
Közigazgatás / Államigazgatás > Politológus, Program koordinátor
Marketing / Reklám / Média / PR > Külügyi menedzser, Pr menedzser, Pr szakértő, Újságíró
|Minimális tapasztalat||1 év|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Főiskolai végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő, Határozatlan idejű|