Founded in 1999 in Vienna, the Qualysoft Group is a manufacturer-independent IT consulting and services company. It has subsidiaries in Hungary, Germany, Serbia, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine, and Switzerland. Our company is focusing on various fields of IT: application management, resource management, software development and IT business solutions.
For our team we are looking for an Oracle and SQL Server DBA who will be responsible for installing, configuring, customizing, creating, implementing, and supporting SQL Server and Oracle databases, software and related tools/products.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting support to developers; review database design specifications and application coding routines to ensure adherence to best practice methods for database usage;
- Ensure database performance is maintained at optimal levels and is able to support defined business requirements;
- Provide 24x7 OnCall service.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Support Oracle databases based on incidents.
- Carry out Oracle db export/import, space management, blocking lock identification and resolution, Oracle database temporary space usage analysis.
- On-call troubleshooting experience with large SQL Server Instances.
- Hands on experience with SqlProfiler.
- Using free tools like sp_Blitz® and sp_WhoIsActive to diagnose server reliability and performance issues
- MS-SQL server technology knowledge.
- Oracle DB – RMAN backup and recovery knowledge
- Fluent English knowledge
- Challenging work and outstanding career development
- High standard working conditions
- Friendly climate in an enthusiastic team
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to E-mail cím megjelenítése.