We are looking for talented and committed individuals to work in the Network Technical Design Architect career path within T-Systems.
- Successful applicants must thrive on working in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment where energy and enthusiasm is key
- The Senior Network Technical Design Architect role forms an essential part of an expert team of driven, dynamic individuals and we are looking for like minded highly experienced individuals.
- You will be dealing with internal and client stakeholders at all levels on a daily basis, so credibility and excellent communication skills are essential.
- As a Senior NTDA for T-Systems you will have a wide and varied role that will see you being responsible for the design, build and implementation of highly complex T-Systems customer global networks.
- You will also be involved in the planning, detailed design and establishment of relevant technical standards for bespoke customer solutions, ensuring that the established service is in accordance with both the relevant contractual SLA’s and associated budget.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake activities within the planning / detailed design cycle to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develop designs and documentation for initial roll-outs, moves, adds and changes
- Verify and approve client network design documents
- Mentor junior NTDA’s in the team with technical and implementation support
- Respond effectively and courteously to all internal/client requests
- Seek and collate internal feedback on performance
- Support customer project work at a Senior level
- Keep team well informed of quality issues which may impact client satisfaction
- Liaise closely with all internal/external resources for implementation activities
- Effectively communicate project information to management as relevant
Excellent technical capabilities and a well established background in the network design arena are required for this role, along with a detailed understanding of the UK and global markets. You will also have experience with multinational companies and a long track record of achievements within such.
You should have a genuine interest in and proven capability to design medium to large size LAN/WAN and WiFi solutions and to see them through build and into implementation. An excellent knowledge of LAN technologies based on key vendor equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Hauwai) is therefore essential along with a detailed knowledge of routing and switching techniques and protocols.
Knowledge of the following is sought;
- Large scale routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Knowledge of IP VPN, MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay, X.25, xDSL, Voice, VoIP, WLAN
- Knowledge of infrastructure services including SDH,CWDM, DWDM,
Excellent communication skills are required for this role; both verbally and in writing, and you must be able to present technical information clearly. You should be able to work across various cultures and have experience of working in a matrix organisation. You should like work in a team but also be able to be autonomous. Willingness to travel. Fluent English knowledge.