Network Architect (contractor, based in Amsterdam)PBS International Kft.
Jelentkezési határidő: 2019.12.11.
Jelentkezési határidő: 2019.12.11.
Network Architect (contractor, based in Amsterdam)
Description of position:
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Network Architect in Amsterdam to join a growing team, delivering world-class services to a global telecommunication company.
• To build and maintain all network architecture and design documents for portfolio project.
• To lead and/or provide network architecture and design guidance for portfolio projects.
• To be a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to network technologies • in particular complex project solutions relating to data center infrastructure, core and cloud network.
• Engaging with stakeholders and peers to provide lead consultancy and guidance if and when required.
• To capture planned approach for technical delivery in relevant design documentation and to review with peers in the delivery function to gain their review and acceptance.
• Engaging with projects to ascertain network requirements and to provide clear documentation/designs mapping requirements onto practical, maintainable solutions, taking into account cost, quality and complexity
• To provide consultancy to projects and peers as and when required.
• To review project documentation/designs to ensure the documentation/designs are correct, complete and adhere to the guidelines. Assist in defining and maintaining architectural, security
and technical standards, reflecting evolving technology and emerging best practice
• Create and develop long term and trusted partnerships with internal colleagues, customers and stakeholders by acting as the lead advocate, expert adviser, and communicator for the portfolio delivery service.
• Participate in Architecture design reviews and other technical governance forums across the organisation representing the network team across multiple projects and work with the delivery teams, to present designs and gain review/approval from those teams
• Managing multiple related and unrelated projects at any one time.
• Be able to schedule work and prioritize milestones effectively.
• Ability to handle difficult stakeholders, hold difficult conversations and make difficult (and sometimes unpopular) decisions and be able to clearly and rationally justify and stand by their own decisions.
• Collaborating between the business and the IT function to ensure the portfolio is aligned.
Key knowledge and experience required:
• Degree level or equivalent in technical disciplines.
• Recent Industry qualifications or certifications (MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF, Prince2).
• A minimum of five years previous experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design, preferably strategic and analytical experience gained within a large commercial environment.
• A minimum of five years in network infrastructure design.
• In-depth experience with security concepts, firewalls, compliancy and ISO 27000/27001.
• In depth experience of designing, securing, implementing and supporting networks in Core and Data Centre environment.
• A solid background in network concepts is also required including
o concepts of SDN, IPv4, IPv6, VLANs, subnets, NTP, DMZs:
o multi-tenancy concepts (Cisco ACI, Juniper Contrail, VMware NSX);
o Security devices including Cisco, Checkpoint and F5
o ADC Vendors and solutions
o cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GDC);
o foundation services (automation, monitoring, asset management, security);
• Good level technical skills in modern data center technologies and good enough to work with Infrastructure colleagues to produce integrated Solution Designs. Desired skill sets include but are
not limited to:
o server hardware (x86 required, SPARC desirable);
o server virtualization (VMware, LDOMs, zones, containers);
o storage knowledge (NAS, SAN, RAID concepts, file storage, block storage);
o databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) in a High Availability configuration
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to form strong business relationships across multiple locations.
• Timeliness in all actions with quality consciousness towards services received and provided.
• Experience of project management techniques and methodologies including planning, resource allocation, prioritization, delivery and escalation.
• Experience of analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues.
• Demonstrate strong mentorship, influencing and persuading skills, encourage colleagues and teams to change established processes and achieve improvements and best practice
• Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
• Ensures appropriate technical standards and guidelines are defined when defining a Core Network Infrastructure architecture.
• Ensures best practices are adhered to in the adoption of new Core Network Infrastructure technologies.
• Fluent in English and willing to travel occasionally.
Fluent in English
Short company info:
Our client is a large European Cable Operator offering triple-pay and over-the-top video services to its customers.
By submitting an application form or sending your curriculum vitae electronically, you will be giving the employees of PBS International Ltd. the approval and acknowledgement to access, handle and record the personal details you have submitted for application and registration processing. During the course of your application and in the future event that a prospective party expresses professional interest in you, we will only forward your details onto our clients upon your exclusive and prior approval. For a more detailed view of our data security terms and to accept all of our terms and conditions please visit the link here: Link megjelenítése