Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for
Model Risk & Control Developer
to our Budapest office
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Model Risk & Control Group (‘MR&C) is responsible for developing and implementing standards and controls for valuation and risk models used in the Institutional Securities Group (‘ISG’). The group supports analysis of model risks for ISG management, improves model risk management practices and helps ISG comply with Firm policy and regulatory requirements. Members of MR&C interact with traders, strategists, trading desk controllers, IT, Firm Risk Management and senior Business Unit management. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, good understanding of financial markets and models, sound analytical skills, and the computer skills necessary to help build and modify the applications used to monitor the use of models. But most importantly the candidate has the ability and desire to learn and grow.
- Develop and maintain automated model control monitoring systems.
- Write ad-hoc scripts to generate bespoke reports and respond to data requests.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and participate in projects to enhance model control.
- Explain complex problems and their solutions to non-technical colleagues.
- Quickly learn and effectively apply new technologies and programming languages.
- Acquire a high-level understanding of risk and valuation models across the firm.
- Graduate-level education in finance, mathematics, computer science, or similar area, with 2+ years of relevant work experience,
- or Undergraduate in those areas with 4+years of relevant work experience
- On-the-job experience developing production software handling large datasets
- Experience in Linux shell scripting or other script languages (Perl, Python)
- Understanding of Software Development, Testing, Quality Assurance best practices
- Sensitivity to detail and accuracy in everyday work
- Confident command of English
- Experience in Q / KDB, Scala (or any other functional language) and Java preferred
To apply please upload your English CV for our website to the link below.