This person is responsible for maintaining the operational status of Linux OS-based servers and appliances and will work closely with other members of the IT Operations department.
The duties of this position are to provide broad spectrum Linux support to complex enterprise solutions:
- Under general supervision, performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance and provides support for various Linux servers.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Mentor and direct junior staff in the course of daily assignments to promote a collaborative learning environment.
- Candidate is required to have analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong commitment to process, and understanding of security, change and configuration management principles.
- Required to work both independently and collaboratively to address incidents, problems.
- Participate in after-hours weekly shifts that respond to business emergency requests (on-call rotation).
- B1 level English language
- Experience with Enterprise Linux / Unix System Administration
- Code-, scripting experiences
- German language
- Keen to learn
- Team spirit even in a virtual team