What is BalaBit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for
to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be:
- Interested in network and security technologies.
- Passionate about programming and eager to deliver quality results.
- Understand and be able to talk coherently about any practices such as refactoring, TDD and pair programming.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental developing, code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Open to new experiences and to learning.
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
What your tasks will be
- Think and work together with an AGILE team.
- Planning, implementing, creating, testing new functionalities choosing the right solution.
- Develop and improve the testing methods of the product.
- Continuously improve your and your teammates' technical skills.
- Understand and be able to explain to the dev team the importance of principles of good software design and architecture.
- Mentoring team members in technical guidance.
- Communication and collaboration with other departments and customers to understand the busines domain, requirements and problems.
- Take part of research for new technologies and solutions.
- Facilitate and not enforcing creation of the architecutre with collaboration.
- 5+ years enterprise software development experience in senior position.
- Development experience in Python.
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and common design patterns.
- Have worked in an Agile environment such as Scrum/Kanban with experience in Test-Driven and in Clean Code development.
- Experience in designing scalable solutions in a Linux-based environment.
- Experience mentoring other developers and helping them improve their skills.
On the plus side
- Experience with automated acceptance testing with a major BDD framework. (Behave)
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework.
- Good knowledge of fundamental networking and security concepts.
- Experience with web services such as RESTful services.
- Git fanatic.
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the "Apply" button, indicating the job title in your application.