Italian speaker Accounts Payable Accountant
Accountant will perform specific accounting transactions in connection with client’s business activities.
Providing an effective service on behalf of TCS to client’s legal and statutory requirements, agreed company processes and Service Level Agreements.
- Handling daily volume/target of transactions, meet deliverables
- Resolving customer queries via e-mail or phone
- Adhering to standard operating procedures/training manuals while executing the task
- Ensuring compliance on the quality of deliverables
- Whenever it is a process update/change, ensuring that is incorporated in SOP with appropriate change management
- Effectively and timely communicating issues among internal and external stakeholders, building up constructive relationships with offshore teams
- Focusing on the continuous improvement opportunities, come up with process improvement & optimization ideas and collaborates with the team leader / Domain Solution Expert
- To be trained and act as back-up when required and/or as directed by the supervisor
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to resolve queries as necessary
- Foster and maintain high level of communication within own team and with other TCS members
- Foster and maintain good business relationships with suppliers to ensure credit worthiness
- Attending weekly calls and other business communications with the client’s local team
R2R & General Ledger
- Processing & booking the General Ledger and Sub-ledger transaction - bank movements posting, accrual, prepayment, provision, royalty, tax, deferral, equity, payroll, non-current asset, intercompany, operating income & expenses related bookings in SAP and posting of reversal entries if necessary
- Perform GL Accounting related calculations - perform calculations where/whenever necessary for such items as interests, provisions, cash discounts to customer, income & deferred tax, accrual and deferrals
- Maintaining BS account reconciliations & clearings and supporting the client in month/quarter/year-end closing activities - regular check of accounts, BS account reconciliations and reporting support especially for the above mentioned accounts, active participation in the month/quarter/year-end closing periods in calculation, posting, reconciliation, clearing activities and providing audit support as per request
- Supporting the Fixed Asset Accounting Processes - capitalisation, depreciation, impairment, checks & reconciliations and reporting tasks relating to Fixed Asset as per the client requests.
AP team member
- Understanding of procure to pay cycle
- Timeliness & accuracy for processing of the invoices - receiving and validating invoices, posting of invoices, request for new vendors or for changing the vendors in a prompt and accurate manner
- Account Reconciliations - reconcile & clear the vendor and other payables related accounts
- Payment Processing - execute / check payment run, identify amendments / additions / removals if necessary and correspond with respective parties for approval purposes.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge and experience of working with accounting principles
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detailsability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the used business systems and capabilities desirable
- Preferably some financial education