Reed Specialist Recruitment is in partnership with an international automotive organisation.
Reed is supporting in attracting and recruiting finance professional to their finance team.
The Person will perform business audits within the company and support project audit teams in the European region.
The role will involve reviewing the control environment, identifying and quantifying business risk and generating positive recommendations for change that strengthen the controls in place, reduce risk and add value to the organization.
- Assess the effectiveness of the control environment put in place by operational management and identify areas of non-compliance with Corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct business interviews to document key business process control points.
- Use analytical techniques to identify and quantify risks to the Company.
- Review control weaknesses with operational management to ensure acceptance and understanding. Advise potential corrective actions to be taken by operating management.
- Follow-up on corrective actions taken by operating management related to audits and self-assessment findings assessed as major. Ensure that action plans are appropriate and timely and approve closure of corrective actions after verifying sustainable implementation.
- Lead a number of audits (fair share across the audit team): responsible for pre-planning the audit for Audit Manager and Audit Director approval; coordinate the development of auditee communication material and lead the communication effort; prepare and publish the final audit report. This involves taking full responsibility for all aspects of the audit and coordinating the audit team’s activity.
- Lead or support departmental or Global project initiatives including process improvements
- Audit experience (either internal or external audit). Automotive related experience would be beneficial though not required.
- Professional accounting qualification completed or in progress (typically ACA, ACCA).
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification is preferable, although not necessary, as the successful candidate will be given the opportunity and support to undertake this training.
- Ideally a Degree or its equivalent.
- Leadership skills with proven experience of team and project management.
- Personal characteristics that include: highly-motivated self-starter who can work independently without direct supervision; good and personable team player; ability to work effectively and deliver to tight deadlines whilst ensuring process discipline; strong business acumen and analytical skills (experience of Excel, Access and PeopleSoft would be of benefit); ability to communicate clearly, concisely and candidly in both verbal and written form. Courage to do the right thing.
- Strong English language skills (both written and spoken). Any other language skills such as German are an advantage but not a requirement.
- Travel – As the role covers the business across Europe, a very high level of travel is required. Around 75% of the calendar year would be spent outside of Hungary -- many audit locations would require travel from Hungary on a Monday morning, returning on Friday afternoon. Weekend stays are not normally expected although may be necessary for some logistically challenging locations such as Turkey and Russia.
For further information of the role please contact
REED Specialist Recruitment
Finance & Accountancy
Bajcsy-Zsilinszky út 12. Budapest, Hungary
Tel: + 36 1 88 33 563