Our Client is a European based Financial Services Group, who is looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager to their local entity. This role is created to support the local Internal Audit activity where the new hire will be tasked to help the Management to improve their business while identifying organizational exposures and evaluating control deficiencies.
Internal Audit Manager
- The role will be coordinating local auditing, quality control and other business assurance functions. The position will also be responsible for conducting cross border financial audits, process reviews as well as ad-hoc projects and investigations.
- Understands and applies audit methodology in order to identify objectives, processes, risks and controls within the organisation.
- Independently supervise complex, sensitive projects or audits that have a moderate to major significance/risk to the Company by following audit protocols. Assignment includes operational audits, joint venture audits, financial or accounting related audits.
- Develops/performs audit tests and concludes effectively.
- Identifies issues, recognized root cause and develops value-added recommendations in the organisation.
- Executes audit process efficiently while balancing the organizational culture, key players and scope creep across the Company’s international business.
- Documents audit work papers clearly and effectively.
- Manages customer relationship throughout the audit.
- Primary point-of-contact for team members (departments being audited) and department management. Coordinate team members and logistics. Provide status updates and other communications to department management throughout the audit engagement.
- Leads the fieldwork, responsible for audit program execution.
- Participate in audit issue resolutions, drafts engagement reporting.
- Supervises and develops audit team.
- Degree in Economics / Law / Finance & Accountancy / International or Business related
- Experience as Audit Manager, industry equivalent would be considered
- Preferred background in financial services / banking / insurance / BIG4s
- Experience supervising financial and contract audits and/or related functions
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Able to cope with complicated issues and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all levels throughout the organization