Our partner can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of their culture.About the department
This group provides technology solutions focused around the Equity Derivatives Business. The key focus is implementing trade capture and trade lifecycle management applications for our traders and their support teams.About the role
- They are seeking an enthusiastic committed and productive .NET C# developer of reusable generic and WPF library components and applications for our highly demanding business clients and other developers. Primarily we will be developing .NET/WPF components and applications in a small team but working closely with developers and business clients throughout the bank. This is a system that eventually replaces existing application shells and frameworks and allows integration of development efforts across multiple desktop applications.
- There are substantial challenges in this position. Aspects of layout, persistence, inter component communication (while maintaining component integrity), multiple desktop integration (across multiple machines), integration testing and remote administration will need to be considered. Also the team works on a state of the art web first UI Container platform and matching server side technology to provide UI Services. That aspect is for a developer on the UI Services side, providing platform for highly optimized messaging, hosting, middleware capabilities using the .NET Core platform. Our clients are spread throughout the bank and the challenge is to make our systems flexible enough to be used by multiple teams while meeting their existing standards. You would have the opportunity to work in a team with other technologically enthusiast people and enjoy the complexity of the job. To summarize - you would understand what it takes to create a great application and be passionate about doing this.
- .NET C# experience
- Server side, WPF experience
- Ability to converse with other .NET developers on complicated technical requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of SDLC best practice
- Strong fundamental technology skills (OO design, threading)
- .NET Core
- Low level networking knowledge
- Advanced debugging skills
- Knowledge of development in sandbox environments
- Focus on User Experience