Core Technical Support:
- Providing timely, accurate, and effective solutions to technical problems on all product lines for external customers and field sales primarily over the phone and/or email or any other communication channel.
- Provide guidance on the installation and working functionality of both software and hardware products, including explanations of configuration settings.
- Reproducing and troubleshooting problems and incompatibilities.
- Keeping accurate records
- Provide technical analysis for the repair process and appropriately document it.
- Efficient and extensive use of all available technical problem-solving tools.
- Escalation of advanced technical questions to designated senior engineers and follow-up if necessary to ensure timely response to customers.
- Required to be logged in to Call Center based on country support team daily plan and take or direct calls to the necessary person/skillset.
- Sales lead generation.
- Per request responsible for creating and/or maintaining process documents for training purposes and/or mentoring new colleagues.
- Initiate/Propose improvements on departmental processes as well as a job definition
- Responsible for working tools and equipment used during daily routine.
- Working with external customers directly.
- Daily and directly with customers.
- Daily and directly with other departments (sales, operations) over the phone, e-mail, and person-to-person.
- Channel of communication: all NI internal systems, phone, mobile.
- Minimum technician level education in engineering or science-related fields, such as IT, electronic engineering, automotive, manufacturing support, or other, or 1+ year of experience working at 1st or 2nd level technical support position.
- Experience in instrumentation & control and industrial automation is preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and enjoy working with people.
- Strong problem-solving skills to analyze the problem and think creatively to provide a solution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in one of the following languages: English and German.
- Superior telephone etiquette and the ability to deal effectively with customers to make them successful are essential.
- Ability to get along with others and function as a team player as well as work effectively alone.
- A proactive/can-do attitude.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to maintain health (use of corporate gym, weekly fruit day, farmers market, medical checks, flu vaccination)
- Development opportunities
- Life and accident insurance
- Team buildings
- NI discounts (e.g.: gyms, book stores, restaurants)
- Appreciation week