QA Test Automation Engineer (Pytest)
About the job The key Responsibilities for the role are:
- Reviewing and refining software product requirements and designing, developing, and executing test cases with a strong emphasis on automating test scripts to shorten the test cycle.
- Integrating and working in a proactive manner with both cross-functional Agile or Waterfall product delivery teams and perform analysis, estimation, prioritization, planning and execution for all testing activities.
- Owning test automated scripts cycle (design, development, execution and maintenance) and producing well-structured test plans with clearly stated procedures and success criteria.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and documenting test failures and working with development to mitigate/resolve any issues.
- Building, enhancing, and executing comprehensive suites of automated Test Cases for newly integrated features, automating across devices and browsers. Enhancement and maintenance of Pytest automation framework, evaluating test cases for inclusion in regression test suites.
- Running automated tests across multiple devices/browsers on BrowserStack, setting up GitHub actions to have the automated framework carry out steps on CI/CD, setting up detailed reports for the stakeholders using tools such as Test Rail and Allure.
The key requirements for the role are:
- Demonstrated programming skills in Python (Pytest), Java or related object-oriented languages to develop automated test scripts.
- Good understanding of software testing methodologies (functional and non-functional) and testing techniques (Grey Box and Black Box).
- Working experience with following tools:
- Configuration Management (e.g. GitHub) -Bug Tracking (e.g., Jira) -Test Management (e.g., TestRail, Allure, ALM) -Test tools and frameworks (e.g.,Pytest, Selenium, BrowserStack, Postman, Jmeter) -Collaboration (e.g., Confluence, Sharepoint)
- Continuous integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.