C / QT Engineer
About the Role
We’re looking for experienced engineers to participate in automotive infotainment system (head-unit) HMI development for one of largest European car manufacturer. Infotainment system is an embedded device that implements digital instrument cluster, central touchscreen, heads-up display (HUD) etc.
Main tasks for such engineer will be to implement the Digital Cluster UI, using Qt/QML and Qt Design Studio tool, UI optimization on the target, etc.
Such engineers could as well be invited to participate in HMI competence development activities, such as doing research of competitive products and solutions related to HMI development, doing prototyping and PoCs, writing white papers, etc
You will become a part of a large Automotive team and join one of key international automotive projects with personnel in EMEA/APAC. The project is responsible for infotainment system software development and maintenance, and the team is responsible for HMI part of that. HMI team contains of 10+ engineers working with Qt/QML-based 3D HMI and Qt Design Studio UI.
What You Will Do
You would be asked to participate as a senior Qt developer in Cluster HMI SCRUM team, focused on development HMI functionality and HMI skinning for Digital Instrument Cluster and HUD for different car brands.
Our project and teams are using Agile process to interact with customer and CI to build software. You would be asked to perform daily UI development work withing a scrum team, attend, or handle daily stand-up meetings, formulate, estimate, and handle development tasks, interact with product management team and participate in product demos, etc.
Your main responsibilities:
- Development of state-of-the-art HMI UI using Qt/QML
- Handle defects backlog in the dedicated area
- HMI application performance optimizations (CPU, memory, bootup time, etc)
- Provide technical guidance to the teammates working in same HMI product area
- Development and maintenance of HMI layer business logic using C++/Qt
- Be autonomous to trigger and handle discussions with customer POs, Harman FOs and engineers regarding the dedicated task/area
- Participate in estimating the efforts for CRs/features
You will be also asked to participate in
- Code reviews
- Mentoring of new engineers
- Knowledge sharing and training sessions with the team
- HMI competence development activities