Big Data Engineer
Your new company
In a nutshell, we help organizations become more data-driven with our complex solutions. Founded in 2006, now we have about 200+ employees in three locations: Budapest, Szeged, and Washington. We are a fast-paced team, constantly looking at how to make things better, learning from our mistakes, believing in course-correcting.
Your new role
- Build and maintain database/bigdata clusters;
- Build dashboards for infrastructure management and reporting;
- Design and deploy infrastructure management strategies to meet up time and monitoring SLA’s;
- Deploy code release in QA and PROD;
- Participate in building unit/performance/integration tests working with database developers;
- Participate in database SQL optimization plan;
- Deploy configuration and automation tools to remove manual steps in deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across all environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 3 years of experience in data engineering field;
- Solid background in Python and SQL;
- Experience building data solutions using big data tools: Airflow, Spark, Kafka, AWS;
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Hands-on experience with requirements analysis, design, coding and testing patterns;
- Has experience in engineering (commercial and open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures;
- Experience working with cloud computing environments;
- Excellent communications skills in English (both written and oral);
- Intelligent, communicative team-player personality, interested in and willing to learn new skills and technologies.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Exciting projects
- Training opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.