Head of Business Unit is responsible for leading different teams to cover T-Systems key solutions with a special focus on managing a Security Operations Center.
Ensures the achievement of strategic business objectives set for the unit by elaborating implementation methods and coordinating the work of smaller organizations within the unit, under the direction of a local top manager. Manages the area via Team Leaders and ensures achieving or exceeding expected service levels at optimal cost efficiency.
- Improves the financial performance of the organizational unit by reducing costs, increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implements the business plans.
- Makes proposals for exploiting business opportunities.
- Ensures satisfaction of external and internal customers and achieving of expected service levels in the organizational unit.
- Provides expert advice and information to external and internal customers.
- Manages positive and negative feedback of customers effectively.
- Ensures retention of customers through constant monitoring of the services of the business and meeting expected service levels.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of SOC personnel supporting the security of critical production environments.
- Informs subordinates about business plans, operational issues and other business information that may concern them.
- Sets goals for the team. Helps them understand their individual goals and responsibilities.
- Agrees with Team Leaders about performance expectations and helps them understand the goals and responsibilities; regularly reviews their performance with them, and makes proposals for setting performance goals for their subordinates.
- Supports the personal development of Team Leaders: designates the areas where improvement is needed; provides coaching in order to develop leadership skills; supports the implementation of development plans; determines development priorities and training needs of the unit and proposes development tools.
- Distributes the work and sets priorities. Determines deadlines and performance standards. Oversees the implementation of the tasks and ensures even workload of subordinates.
- Coordinates the activities and resources of the organizational unit.
- Develops his/her contacts for the success of the company and its clients.
- Keeps contact with representatives of external and internal customers in the interest of solving problems.
- Provides ideas and information for new business opportunities, proposals, reference visits, presentations introducing the company for meeting the business objectives of the customer and the company.
- Has a good understanding of leading a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center and take responsibility for providing overall leadership, guidance, and direction for a 24x7x365 team of security operations analysts and engineers.
- Understands and manages client expectations to ensure strong client service and satisfaction by meeting the needs of clients in a complete and timely manner.
- University degree in Informatics or Economics field or other equivalent education
- At least 8 years professional experience in IT industry involving at least 2 functional areas/fields of ICT service delivery (e.g., servers, storage, cloud, networking, applications)
- Preferably has experience in
- leading, managing, developing, and establishing best practices in a Security Operations Center.
- technical support, services, security, engineering functions with strong fundamental understanding of security, network and routing environments.
- designing Security Operations Center procedures, programs, and services across a globally diverse environment.
- leading an intelligence-driven agile SOC environment with exposure to big data analytics.
- At least 5 years active experience in managing people, organizations and/or projects
- At least 2 years active managerial responsibility for an organization with 200 or more members
- At least 2 years of experience in service management (e.g. SLAs, ITIL, financial management, driving down unit cost, KPI reporting) combined with a customer focused and results oriented drive.
- Fluent English and German knowledge
- Financial literacy, incl. planning, breakdown and elaboration of budgets
- Experience in 7x24 IT operation for global customers
- Experience in providing services from Shared Service centers globally
- Project management and T&T experience recommended
- Awareness of methodologies for quality and efficiency improvement (Six Sigma, Lean IT, World-class Manufacturing or like) and their application to IT industry
- Professionally communication and influencing at the level of executive mgt and across organization
- Coaching and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to establish credibility and rapport with staff as well as business contacts
- Self-motivation, with the ability to deliver results and meet timelines without direct supervision
- Demonstration of openness, mutual respect, honesty and trust with team members
- Sensitiveness to working in multicultural environment and respecting values of others and diversity
- Demonstration of adherence to Guiding Principles