Our partner is looking for
Financial AccountantCvonline.hu partner
Jelentkezési határidő: 2019.12.04.
Rothschild & Co
Rothschild & Co is one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for over 200 years, we can rely on an unrivalled global network of trusted professionals and decision makers. This means that we have in-depth market intelligence, bringing us closer to current issues than any other global financial institution.
Our 3,800 talented employees spread across in 50 offices around the world have a strong track record of outstanding execution in three business lines: Global Advisory, Wealth and Asset Management, and Merchant Banking.
It is this combination of scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allows us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.
Overview of Role:
- This position is within the UK Finance team whose principal responsibilities are management and financial accounting for N M Rothschild & Sons Limited (NMR) and a number of subsidiary companies.
- The role involves a wide range of responsibilities from financial reporting and accounts production through to business partnering of the UK Global Advisory business unit, including management reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- The role is therefore suited to a newly qualified accountant with good technical skills who wants to develop good all round knowledge.
- Requires the role holder to work independently and proactively, interacting closely with various stakeholders at all levels across the Finance function and the business
- Production of management reporting
- Assist with preparation and distribution of numerous management reports, collating data from various sources, on a timely basis
- Assist with development of systems and reporting tools to streamline reporting processes
- Monitoring and analysis of cost base
- Develop an understanding of the UK cost base in order to analyse and report on any variances
- Utilise systems to drill down into the general ledger and liaise with various stakeholders to identify and explain variances or trends
- Financial Accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements for a number of UK subsidiaries and assisting with NMR's annual financial statements
- Complete Group reporting for UK companies, including analysing and agreeing intra-group and company transactions
- Prepare finance board papers for UK companies
- Liaise with taxation manager to estimate tax provisions, to provide information for preparation of corporation tax returns
- Financial Control
- Responsible for reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts and control of the general ledger
- Assist in the maintenance of the UK accounting policies to ensure that changes in accounting standards are correctly accounted for
- Work on various projects to improve our procedures and financial and management reporting
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and highly numerate
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of managing time to deliver on a number of projects concurrently
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excel proficiency (including pivot tables); able to manage large volumes of data
- Proficiency in presentation production (including PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage a varied and often pressured workload; self-starter able to take the initiative
- Newly qualified accountant with good academic record
- Role would suit someone with a range of experience in an audit firm or who has experience of working in a corporate environment, preferably in financial services or other professional services industries
- Experience of SAP accounting package preferable
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.